+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pcc for Vietnam

gur2014

Apr 21, 2017
We received an ITA on 19 April and my husband needs to take a PCC from vietnam for 1.5 years that he had spent there.
As per the MoJ website in VN, he filled up the application form and got all the passport and Visa Stamps certified from local vietnamese embassy in India and mailed it to national record for criminal certificate in vietnam.Now we got a response, that we need to get our application form also certified, now the problem is we had already asked the local vietnamese embassy to certify the application form as well. But this is not written in there documents, so the lady in vietnamese embassy in India didnt certify the application form and only certified the passport and Visa stamps.We are surely going to visit the local vietnamese embassy in india again, but do anyone of you have a suggestion of what should we do in this case?

mistrhuhg

Apr 28, 2017
Weird, the Vietnamese Embassy in Singapore had no problem certifying mine.

Legally speaking, that particular procedure is actually stated in the documents, you can read at the third link at the end of this article: ttlltp.moj.gov.vn/qt/thongbao/Pages/thong-bao.aspx?ItemID=31
(I can't post link)

In the notes inside the document:
(1)(2)(3)(4)(6)Certified at notary offices or commune - level Peoples Committees/ District-level Justice Division in Vietnam or Vietnamese Consulate protocol in abroad.
So there is no way around that. You cannot just get 'any' notary services, it just have to be the official Consulate/ Embassy (and in my personal experience, have to be in Vietnamese or you risk going through a lot of painful processes and questions).

Anyway, you can get that document and show it to the lady at the Embassy, hopefully that'll remind her.
Last-ditch effort is to fly back to Vietnam and stay 10 days there waiting.

(Rumors are that you only need to ask another employee inside the Embassy who is more willing to do that...)

gur2014

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, Thanks for your response, and we will surely check with our local embassy again.
Would you also let us know how long it took for you to get the PCC and how did you do the English translation, did you wait for Vietnamese version to reach you first and then do the english translation?
thanks

mistrhuhg

Apr 28, 2017
Sorry can't help you there, I actually have no idea since the form I filled out (the very next step after the Embassy certification) hasn't even been delivered yet ... T_T (the post offices in Vietnam are having a public holiday)

vmcanada

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, Could you get your PCC from Vietnam? I need to undergo the same process, hence any advice on this would be helpful..