NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
HI all,

Can you please answer this?

For PR renewal, do CIC also ask about police clearance certificate from home country if the applicant has lived more than 6 months in the home country in the last 5 years?

Do I need to submit PCC along with the PR renewal application?

On CIC PR renewal document checklist I don't see any PCC requirement. If that is the case then does CIC ask PCC later after you submit your PR renewal application? once they see in your application that you have stayed more than 6 months in other countries then is it possible that they may ask for PCC?

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
HI all,

Can you please answer this?

For PR renewal, do CIC also ask about police clearance certificate from home country if the applicant has lived more than 6 months in the home country in the last 5 years?

Do I need to submit PCC along with the PR renewal application?

On CIC PR renewal document checklist I don't see any PCC requirement. If that is the case then does CIC ask PCC later after you submit your PR renewal application? once they see in your application that you have stayed more than 6 months in other countries then is it possible that they may ask for PCC?
I assume you are asking about an application for a new PR card. To be clear, however, PR status does NOT need to be renewed. Once a person is a PR they continue to be a PR unless one of the prescribed reasons for terminating status happens.

There is no police certificate requirement for a PR card application. I have not seen anyone report being asked for a police clearance attendant a PR card application. I'd guess it happens only RARELY if at all. That said, of course IRCC can probably request a clearance from the PR. They have very wide discretion. IRPA Section 36, and subsections 36(1)(b) and 36(1)(c) in particular (see IRPA https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-8.html#h-24) prescribe that a PR is inadmissible for serious criminality based on convictions or criminal acts abroad (as defined in the respective provisions).

SUMMARY: No police clearance needs to be included with the application. It is not likely one will be requested. One could be requested. In any event, if you have been involved in crimes abroad, yeah, that can be a problem, a problem best discussed with a competent lawyer.

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
I assume you are asking about an application for a new PR card. To be clear, however, PR status does NOT need to be renewed. Once a person is a PR they continue to be a PR unless one of the prescribed reasons for terminating status happens.

There is no police certificate requirement for a PR card application. I have not seen anyone report being asked for a police clearance attendant a PR card application. I'd guess it happens only RARELY if at all. That said, of course IRCC can probably request a clearance from the PR. They have very wide discretion. IRPA Section 36, and subsections 36(1)(b) and 36(1)(c) in particular (see IRPA https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-8.html#h-24) prescribe that a PR is inadmissible for serious criminality based on convictions or criminal acts abroad (as defined in the respective provisions).

SUMMARY: No police clearance needs to be included with the application. It is not likely one will be requested. One could be requested. In any event, if you have been involved in crimes abroad, yeah, that can be a problem, a problem best discussed with a competent lawyer.
I am just asking because its a headache to go to the home country and get pcc done. because they take so much time and need past address proof and all. Don't worry there is no crime involved here :)