+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for past 10 years (I have for 9 years 10months)

drock1234

May 1, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have lived in US for since July 2009 and I have FBI identity check for this period i.e., for 9 years 10 months.
Canada Express Entry required for 10 years.
Although I have applied for PCC from SFO Indian Embassy, this might take some time to get it.

Is it possible to explain my situation to Canada Immigration that I am missing Police Clearance for only 2 months and I have applied for it? So I do not loose my ITA ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
An Indian PCC usually only takes a week to get. If you are running into your ITA deadline, submit proof that you have applied for the PCC along with a letter of explanation and upload it via webform as soon as you get it.

drock1234

May 1, 2019
An Indian PCC usually only takes a week to get. If you are running into your ITA deadline, submit proof that you have applied for the PCC along with a letter of explanation and upload it via webform as soon as you get it.
Although my recent passport (last year) was issued by SFO embassy, when I was at embassy to apply for PCC, they said it takes 4 weeks to get PCC. Please advise if anyone you know recently got their Indian PCC before 4 weeks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Although my recent passport (last year) was issued by SFO embassy, when I was at embassy to apply for PCC, they said it takes 4 weeks to get PCC. Please advise if anyone you know recently got their Indian PCC before 4 weeks.
Oh yeah, I know someone who got it in just over a week by mail. This was in December 2018.

Regardless, if you are running into the ITA deadline, just show proof that you applied for the PCC, and write that you will upload it as soon as you receive it. This is not unusual, many people have done this and have successfully gotten their PR.

When is your deadline?

drock1234

May 1, 2019
Oh yeah, I know someone who got it in just over a week by mail. This was in December 2018.

Regardless, if you are running into the ITA deadline, just show proof that you applied for the PCC, and write that you will upload it as soon as you receive it. This is not unusual, many people have done this and have successfully gotten their PR.

When is your deadline?
I have another 3 weeks before deadline but, I have already started to panic.
When I show the proof of PCC application, would they wait for it to arrive or proceed with the application into PR ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have another 3 weeks before deadline but, I have already started to panic.
When I show the proof of PCC application, would they wait for it to arrive or proceed with the application into PR ?
No need to panic. Here's what you should do:

1. You should complete the rest of your application and have it absolutely ready to submit. This includes writing the LoE, scanning proof of your PCC submission request, etc. EVERYTHING.
2. Wait till a day before the deadline. If you haven't received your PCC by then, submit. If you have, then simply take out the LoE and add the PCC and then submit.

This is not an uncommon situation. Many people have submitted before the ITA deadline with a letter explaining that they have asked for the PCC (with proof). IRCC will accept that, and usually they do process the file a little bit till you can submit the PCC. At some point they will stop processing and ask for the PCC if you haven't yet submitted it, and then if you don't send it, they will reject the application. This is easily a few more weeks (minimum) after the deadline.

I'm quite sure you'll have your PCC in the next three weeks, or at worst, very shortly after you submit. This isn't a big deal. Search the forum and you'll find many many cases like yours.

drock1234

May 1, 2019
No need to panic. Here's what you should do:

1. You should complete the rest of your application and have it absolutely ready to submit. This includes writing the LoE, scanning proof of your PCC submission request, etc. EVERYTHING.
2. Wait till a day before the deadline. If you haven't received your PCC by then, submit. If you have, then simply take out the LoE and add the PCC and then submit.

This is not an uncommon situation. Many people have submitted before the ITA deadline with a letter explaining that they have asked for the PCC (with proof). IRCC will accept that, and usually they do process the file a little bit till you can submit the PCC. At some point they will stop processing and ask for the PCC if you haven't yet submitted it, and then if you don't send it, they will reject the application. This is easily a few more weeks (minimum) after the deadline.

I'm quite sure you'll have your PCC in the next three weeks, or at worst, very shortly after you submit. This isn't a big deal. Search the forum and you'll find many many cases like yours.
Thank You, for the answers. I hope to keep other things ready.