+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for India

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Friends,

I have submitted my EE profile and waiting in pool. I have a few questions regarding the documents I need to submit if and when i get picked in draw.

date EE submitted: Sep 8th
CRS - 433

I am visitng india in coming months, Do you think it is easy to get PCC during my stay there, when compared to Indian Consulate in USA?

Appreciate your help!

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi Friends,

I have submitted my EE profile and waiting in pool. I have a few questions regarding the documents I need to submit if and when i get picked in draw.

CRS - 433

I am visitng india in coming months, Do you think it is easy to get PCC during my stay there, when compared to Indian Consulate in USA?

Appreciate your help!
You can get PCC in no time through PSK. You will normally get next day's appointment and the PCC will most likely be given to you then and there.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Friends,

CRS - 433

Appreciate your help!
If you are going to submit your application from US, then you need to get Indian PCC from Indian Mission in US only. The PCC from PSK will be issued to you while you are in India and it will not be valid if you submit that PCC. CIC states that for a country other than your residency, your PCC should be issued after you last visited the country.

You can get PCC in no time through PSK. You will normally get next day's appointment and the PCC will most likely be given to you then and there.
But that PCC will be invalid if the OP plans on submitting the application from USA. If they plan on submitting the application from India itself, then this will work.

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
thats correct. IHow come you know it? Anyways thanks..Another question,

My wife is in india right now and doesnot plan to be back here before January, so
how can she get a PCC for India and USA easily?
Does it make a difference if wife and husband get their PCC - India AND PCC - USA from different places? wife is based in India and will approach PSK and USA Consulate AND I will approach India Consulate Chicago and Local Federal Agency

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
thats correct. IHow come you know it? Anyways thanks..Another question,

My wife is in india right now and doesnot plan to be back here before January, so
how can she get a PCC for India and USA easily?
Does it make a difference if wife and husband get their PCC - India AND PCC - USA from different places? wife is based in India and will approach PSK and USA Consulate AND I will approach India Consulate Chicago and Local Federal Agency
You can get PCC based on your current location.

For you - Indian PCC from Indian Mission in USA after leaving India (make sure you do not visit India after the PCC is issued) and US PCC from FBI.
For your spouse - Indian PCC from PSK in India and US PCC from FBI. US Mission in India will not help in your US PCC. Only FBI issues the PCC for US, so you and your wife have to apply with them. It takes almost 3 months to get the PCC from FBI, so do it ASAP.

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW

For you - Indian PCC from Indian Mission in USA after leaving India (make sure you do not visit India after the PCC is issued) and US PCC from FBI.
For your spouse - Indian PCC from PSK in India and US PCC from FBI. US Mission in India will not help in your US PCC. Only FBI issues the PCC for US, so you and your wife have to apply with them. It takes almost 3 months to get the PCC from FBI, so do it ASAP.
hmm the catch is...that I have a family function to attend in india...ib december time frame...about same time my ITA deadline..travel date not fixed yet.

How about me and my wife proceeding as suggested above. And then when we both are back to US around Jan 1st week, we re-do the PCC

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW

A few more questions..

>>Is it not that your place of residence at the time of submission matter?
>>Can I get things done as per a initial plan and If at later point in time, i know my PCC is outdated, Can i re-submit PCCs with reason for submitting late?
>>Is there a email id for CIC where i can seek guidance?

There is a family wedding event planned around same time as my ITA deadline. Until travel dates are fixed ..I am not sure if i am coming back to USA early or later than december End. By your suggestion, I can not even get PCC done in advance. I am in a fix.

Thanks