+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC For India - how long does it take during covid

anirban318

Jul 19, 2020
Hi All,
I have 2 questions:

1. I received the Express Entry (EE) ITA in June '20 and initiated the PCC for my home country INDIA. Any clue how many weeks does it take to get India PCC these days in covid situation, as its already been more than 3 weeks now when my application is submitted to India Consulate. Any pointers in "time frame" will be helpful for me to understand the situation.

2. As my EE application deadline is approaching in few days, can i submit the application "without" PCC by uploading a proof of PCC application getting processed? Does this help in processing the application relatively faster, instead of waiting for PCC till last date.

Kindly advice.

Regards

J-star

Jul 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2020
It took almost 3 weeks for us
last week recieved
Hi , can you tell me from where you have collected the PCC?
From PSK or RPO?
And also do we need to take any appointment before going to collect it from PSK or RPO?

Reactions: Kavitaforpt

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
Hi All,
I have 2 questions:

1. I received the Express Entry (EE) ITA in June '20 and initiated the PCC for my home country INDIA. Any clue how many weeks does it take to get India PCC these days in covid situation, as its already been more than 3 weeks now when my application is submitted to India Consulate. Any pointers in "time frame" will be helpful for me to understand the situation.

2. As my EE application deadline is approaching in few days, can i submit the application "without" PCC by uploading a proof of PCC application getting processed? Does this help in processing the application relatively faster, instead of waiting for PCC till last date.

Kindly advice.

Regards
how long did it take for you to receive PCC?

anirban318

Jul 19, 2020
for me it took 8 weeks as my address was different wrt passport address. If there is no change in address wrt to Indian passport, it takes 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: darshan1191

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
for me it took 8 weeks as my address was different wrt passport address. If there is no change in address wrt to Indian passport, it takes 3-4 weeks.
thank you for your prompt response. I applied from US and I have same address as of my passport. I will update the thread with my timeline once I my PCC is done.