+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for India Canada PR

crazyfundu

Sep 30, 2020
I am an Indian citizen living in US. I got my Canada PR ITA 3 weeks back and I am yet to request for PCC. I think I have two options-

Option 1: Apply for PCC at Indian embassy in US. I have heard that it takes around 6-8 weeks these days. There is a risk that I will miss the deadline for document submission.

Option 2: Travel to India and apply for PCC at a PSK. I am not sure how much time it will take.

Questions:
1. As an Indian currently living in USA, is option 2 feasible?
2. Which option seems better in my condition?
3. Do I have to submit original passport for any duration in option 1/option 2?

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
I am in the same boat but am not willing to travel to India for PCC. I got my ITA today and I am planning to send it to DC. Where did you hear it's taking 6-8 weeks?

aryanz

Oct 1, 2020
Well, You don't need to go India to get your PCC, send some family members ask them to find agents, and apply, and he will do the rest. It takes only a week or so. Later ship it.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Well, You don't need to go India to get your PCC, send some family members ask them to find agents, and apply, and he will do the rest. It takes only a week or so. Later ship it.
Does it really work? We don't have to be there in person?

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
I am an Indian citizen living in US. I got my Canada PR ITA 3 weeks back and I am yet to request for PCC. I think I have two options-

Option 1: Apply for PCC at Indian embassy in US. I have heard that it takes around 6-8 weeks these days. There is a risk that I will miss the deadline for document submission.

Option 2: Travel to India and apply for PCC at a PSK. I am not sure how much time it will take.

Questions:
Any update on your PCC?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017

Questions:
travelling to India just for PCC during this pandemic seems a bit far fetched. you can apply at the embassy in US and then inlcude your PCC application/confirmation letter + LOE with your document submission. at the most it would delay your processing for a bit.

ajay@

Nov 5, 2020
hi. i m indian citizen but currently living in canada on work permit. for canada pr i have to get pcc from india and i also want to know that i stayed in another east african country for 7 months on visitor visa so do i need to get the pcc for that country as well? please let me know. thanks!!

rajinder806

Dec 12, 2014
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-08-2017
hi. i m indian citizen but currently living in canada on work permit. for canada pr i have to get pcc from india and i also want to know that i stayed in another east african country for 7 months on visitor visa so do i need to get the pcc for that country as well? please let me know. thanks!!
Yes, you need PCC for all those countries where your commutative stay was over 6 months in last 10 years or after the age of 18 years.