+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for countries where you lived while under 18

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hi, does anyone know if an applicant has to provide police checks for countries where he/she lived for more than 6 months while being under 18 years old?
I know that police checks are required for countries where you lived for more than 6 months and you were above 18.

But I've heard that CIC might request police checks for countries where you lived while you were under 18. I need to know because getting those police checks can take ages.

Has anyone had experience with that? Please advise.
Cheers!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
leonht said:
Hi, does anyone know if an applicant has to provide police checks for countries where he/she lived for more than 6 months while being under 18 years old?
I know that police checks are required for countries where you lived for more than 6 months and you were above 18.

But I've heard that CIC might request police checks for countries where you lived while you were under 18. I need to know because getting those police checks can take ages.

Has anyone had experience with that? Please advise.
Cheers!
Not required unless perhaps you had your 18th birthday in one of them. If CIC later request one, it's because they have specific concerns.