+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for Citizenship

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Hello there
I have read few posts but I just want to make sure before I apply for citizenship because I am aware PCC from Indian consulate really can take long.

I have an Indian passport and on my passport I have an Indian address.

I landed(got PR) on 15june 2019. Was in Canada for 2 weeks and then I went back to Dubai because that is where I used tk live/work.
Then I moved to Canada permanently in April 2020. I did not live in India. I only visited India for 30days for a marriage.

Considering the last 4yrs since I was in India for 30days only do I need a PCC from india?

Thanks in advance for your response

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello there
I have read few posts but I just want to make sure before I apply for citizenship because I am aware PCC from Indian consulate really can take long.

I have an Indian passport and on my passport I have an Indian address.

I landed(got PR) on 15june 2019. Was in Canada for 2 weeks and then I went back to Dubai because that is where I used tk live/work.
Then I moved to Canada permanently in April 2020. I did not live in India. I only visited India for 30days for a marriage.

Considering the last 4yrs since I was in India for 30days only do I need a PCC from india?

Thanks in advance for your response
No you don't need a PCC from India.
But check the if you need one from DXB, which should be a straight forward thing to get if you require one.

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
No you don't need a PCC from India.
But check the if you need one from DXB, which should be a straight forward thing to get if you require one.
Thanks for the quick response
Yea I need one from Dubai since I lived there. But that is easy-peasy :))

thank you!