+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for cec

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Hi there,

Could you please help me explain something about PCC for CEC. I am postdoc fellow with 3 years of Canadian work experience. I recently applied for PR and included my wife as well but I guess I made a mistake with PCC. I used my PCC that was issued from UK in August 2017 and from India (August 2017). I never visited these countries since. But my wife applied for CEC in July 2017 and was issued PCC from India
in August as well, but she came to Canada in Dec 2017. So there is like 4 months gap in her PCC (she was in India from August to Dec 2017)

Now, I received ITA in April and I applied for PR on May 16th. Now I am kinda worried about her PCC as she stayed in India after her PCC was issued, although it was not more than 6 months after her PCC was issued. She is in Canada with me with OPEN work permit. I want to ask you guys if her PCC is still valid or I should reapply here at the Indian embassy and upload it again.

Thanks Guys

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi there,

Could you please help me explain something about PCC for CEC. I am postdoc fellow with 3 years of Canadian work experience. I recently applied for PR and included my wife as well but I guess I made a mistake with PCC. I used my PCC that was issued from UK in August 2017 and from India (August 2017). I never visited these countries since. But my wife applied for CEC in July 2017 and was issued PCC from India
in August as well, but she came to Canada in Dec 2017. So there is like 4 months gap in her PCC (she was in India from August to Dec 2017)

Now, I received ITA in April and I applied for PR on May 16th. Now I am kinda worried about her PCC as she stayed in India after her PCC was issued, although it was not more than 6 months after her PCC was issued. he is in Canada with me with OPEN work permit. I want to ask you guys if her PCC is still valid or I should reapply here at the Indian embassy and upload it again.

Thanks Guys
The PCC has to be current. validity of PCC depends from country to country, India is 6 months, UAE e.g. 3 months only.
And if you have received the PCCs recently and you visited these countries afterward, your PCC becomes invalid.
chances are your application maybe rejected if the case officer follows the book. if he is lenient, perhaps he may ask you to submit a recent one. but chances are less.

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Thanks for your reply. We did not visit India after we were issued PCC from India and in this case, I think it should be valid, as our country of residence is Canada.
I do think the validity PCC for a country matters if you still live in that country and apply for Canadian PR but we were here all the time after we were issued a PCC so I am not sure what exactly to expect.

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for your reply. We did not visit India after we were issued PCC from India and in this case, I think it should be valid, as our country of residence is Canada.
I do think the validity PCC for a country matters if you still live in that country and apply for Canadian PR but we were here all the time after we were issued a PCC so I am not sure what exactly to expect.
Help me understand your particular case better...
-When did you submit your PR application?
-Was your wife included in the PR application?
-What PCCs did you submit?
- When were each of these PCCs issued?
-After issuance of the PCC did you travel to these countries if yes which ones?

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
28-05-2018
yes, she was

UK and Indian one for me and Indian PCC for my wife.

they were issued in August 2017

No, we did not travel anywhere as we were here in Canada. Although, I should let you know that I got married in June 2017 and I came back to Canda and My wife actually stayed there till Dec. as her Open work permit took a while and she came to Canada in Dec 2017.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
28-05-2018
yes, she was

This is gonna be problem as I highlighted before. PCC's normally should be valid up to 6 months(this is true for Indian PCC, I checked with BLS). I am not sure about the validity of the UK PCC though

No, we did not travel anywhere as we were here in Canada. Although, I should let you know that I got married in June 2017 and I came back to Canda and My wife actually stayed there till Dec. as her Open work permit took a while and she came to Canada in Dec 2017.
Your PCC should have be done after you have moved out of the country.
take a look at this tracker... https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/april-2018-aor-permanent-residency-tracker/cases/case-45138
read the issue this applicant had with the PCC.
He provided a PCC which he applied living in UK on 17 Apr. He left the country on 24th Apr.
Also go through this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
28-05-2018
yes, she was

Your wife's PCC was vaild for her application, but it is no longer valid. PCCs cannot be more than 6 months old for your current country of residence, and must be issued AFTER leaving a country of former residence. Since your wife continued to reside in India for 4 months after the PCC was issued, but now resides in Canada, she needs a new PCC from India.

According to the recenlty revised rules, you CAN go ahead and apply with the old one, but the VO can (and probably will) ask for a new one. My suggestion, go ahead and submit the eAPR with the old certificate, but also have her apply for a new one right away, and simply add it to your application as soon as you get it. That is the best way to avoid delays.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Thanks for your reply. Yes I will apply her PCC ASAP. Do you think, they will reject our application just because of using her old PCC as I already applied with old ones. Do you think I should get new pcc for myself as well?
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts, really appreciate it.
Cheers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for your reply. Yes I will apply her PCC ASAP.

Do you think, they will reject our application just because of using her old PCC as I already applied with old ones.

You are asking, "Do you think they will reject our application for following their rules?" NO, I do not think they will reject your application for following the rules.

Do you think I should get new pcc for myself as well?
Not clear from the above discussion. You have not indicated when you came back to Canada. If you left India/came to Canada before the PCC was issued, then it remains valid. If you left India/came to Canada after the PCC was issued, then you need a new one too. I think the rules are pretty clear, no need for confusion.

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Hey Jes_ON,
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. I do not need Indian PCC as it was issued here in Vancouver after I came back to Canada. I will apply for my wife's PCC asap.
Thanks again

Last edited: