+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Expired but

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I took PCC for myself and mywife in month of September'09 from Indian embassy, Toronto. I sent my full app to CIO, NS in October'09 but that was returned to me in Nov'09 requesting more information on my job duties. i resent my app in December'09 with all the necessary info. i hope this time it will get approved.

now, when i send my full app to Buffalo do i need to get PCC again from Indian embassy for both of us, as EG7 says PCC is valid for 90days. the reason why i am asking this question is, i am here in Canada from June'2009 and havent visited India from then.
So, why i need to get PCC again from them when i havent visited India from the day the previous PCC was issued.

P.S: Indian embassy taking 45 to 60 days to send me the PCC, so this will kill my half time in 120days which will be given after i get the AOR.

Please suggest.

~Balu.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
"Full app" does not go to CIO-Sydney, neither do the PCCs - they only go to the local visa office (Buffalo) with the full app.

Just trying to be clear - the first application to CIO-Sydney was rejected?

The PCCs are valid for 90-days preceding the application received date - date received at CIO-Sydney. If the first application was rejected, and the December application was a new one, then the december date it was received is the relevant date. You don't give exact dates so don't know if you made the 90 day deadline or not.

Even if you did make the 90-day cut-off, there's nothing to prevent CIC buffalo for asking for a new one.

CIC has better things to do than to check whether or not you went back to India.

You could apply for a new PCC now, or wait until you get your recommendation to submit the full application. Either way, you have plenty of time.

You're not the only one frustrated by this 3-month rule and having to get new PCCs. I just sent my 3rd set of fingerprints to the FBI...

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok, i will be little more clear in dates.
i sent my initial app to CIO, NS - Oct 7th
returned back to me requesting for more info regarding my job duties and responsibilities- Nov 25th.
sent a fresh new app to CIO, Ns - Dec 4th.

my PCC dated - Sep-29th ( i was mistaken that CIO,NS need my PCC so i took my PCC before the initial app.. but later i realized.. :(

I want to confirm before actually i apply again... i understand why they have this 90days thing.. but of no relation with my present situation now.

anyways i will send the request to the embassy again.

~Balu.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The date received by CIO (not the date sent) is the relevant date (but unless you had tracking you won't know what the date was until you get a response from CIO). Anyway, by my calculation, as long as it was received by Dec 28 you're within the 90 days...