+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC certificate from Colombia

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
I have a really perplexing issue regarding the police certificate for the citizenship process. If I am correct, if you have spent over 183 days in a row within the 4 year eligibility period a PCC will be required when submitting the application. The PCC process was started and the document is being sent to the Canadian Embassy in Bogota Colombia. I know during the PR process, that was the process, but for the Canadian Citizenship process, it stated to send it in with your application. Should I just provide a reason for the PCC NOT being sent with the Canadian Citizenship application? Will the citizenship agents use the UCI number on the application and request the PCC from the Canadian Embassy in Bogota Colombia?

Here is the info where to obtain the PCC in Colombia

G4S Colombia (available only in Spanish)
E-mail: aplicantes@procesosec.com
Phone: (+57) 1 705-4040 extension: 1506

Omnitempus (available only in Spanish)
E-mail: servicios@omnitempus.com
Phone: (+57) 1 611-0529 extension: 168, 128

Information and documents you need
You will need to provide your application’s file number to the service provider.
Special notes and considerations:
Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate.
Service providers will require you to sign a consent form authorizing them to disclose the Background Verification Certificate to the Canadian visa officer.
Service providers will forward the Background Verification Certificate directly to CIC.
Instructions, processing times and applicable fees may vary according to provider.
How to Get a Police Certificate – Colombia

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will send you a file number and a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You will need that letter and file number when you apply for a Police Certificate.
Name of document(s) to get: Background Verification Certificate

ComedyGeek

Jun 15, 2015
Hi, Spetroun

I know this is a long shot but I have the exact same problem as you and would love to hear how you solved this issue. I'm hesitant to contract the services for those companies since they do not provide the certificate directly to us.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MissAnita

Feb 6, 2021
Hi ,
I am currently having the same problem of getting a PCC from Colombia. I am currently in Canada and my payment online to Omnitempus keeps declining. How do I get the payment through in order to get my PCC?