+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC - Canada

gud2all

Dec 26, 2014
Hi
i found this and not sure if this is true ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

as per checklist, i am supposed to provide multiple PCC (makes sense -1 from home country and other from Canada) but the above link says i don't have to ...confused :-\
Also, does any one have any info. on where to get PCC for Markham ON region ?

Tanks

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
gud2all said:
Hi
i found this and not sure if this is true ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

as per checklist, i am supposed to provide multiple PCC (makes sense -1 from home country and other from Canada) but the above link says i don't have to ...confused :-\
Also, does any one have any info. on where to get PCC for Markham ON region ?

Tanks
If you are applying through Express Entry, PCC from Canada isn't required. In case they need, they will intimate you. Get the PCC's from the countries where you stayed for more than 6 months except Canada.

Reactions: snoopyta

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got PCC from Canada, it was in the document checklist.i think it's better to have it than not, at least you will submit what the checklist requires and you avoid delays with CIC.just my 2 cents.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Well, the help of documents checklist for PCC says below

Document: Police Certificates (Multiple)
You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you lived for 6 months or more. A police certificate
Opens a new window is a copy of your criminal record, or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record.
Police certificates are different in each country and territory and may be called police clearance certificates, good conduct certificates, judicial record extracts, etc. They are issued by police authorities or government departments and used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to determine a person's admissibility to enter Canada.
Certain countries will not issue a police certificate, or provide the certificate directly to you. If this applies to you please provide a letter of explanation in lieu of a police certificate.
You will be advised if you are required to obtain a police certificate for Canada

Reactions: snoopyta