+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC/ AOR Question

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Hi,

I read a thread earlier which has me slightly concerned: I applied for my PCC (from the UK in November) whilst living in Canada. In January my Canadian visa expired so I returned home to England (I also needed to get the bank letter), and two days later got my AOR. Do i need a new PCC (from the UK - which is my country of birth) now?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I will be returning to Canada on a visitor visa mid-Feb (if this makes any difference)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you submit your application from England? What is the residential address mentioned in your application - England or Canada? Have you accounted for the last travel between Canada-England in your application?

If your application was submitted while you were still resident in Canada, no problem.

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for the response. The address is my Canadian address as I'm returning there. This trip to the UK was essentially to get the bank letter (which i uploaded) and then sent off the application from the UK. And no i didn't mention this trip back to the UK (I'm a UK citizen but have been in Canada for the last 2 years) - should I have?

Thanks again.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prima facie, it appears that PCC shouldn't be a problem here as your application doesn't account for your physical presence in England while submitting the application.

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Hi,

Thanks.

Just to clarify (as this is stressful lol): I flew out of Canada on the 1st Jan 2016; arrived in the UK 2nd Jan; went to my UK bank and got the proof of finance letter Jan 4th (as this was the only thing I was waiting on and everything else was uploaded/ filled in); uploaded the proof of finance letter Jan 4th, submitted my application and received AOR Jan 4th.

I left Canada that date as my current visa expired Jan 3rd 2016, but I am returning to Canada on a visitor visa Feb 15th.

Do you still think all looks ok? Or should I phone CIC (would it be London or Canada?) and let them know I am currently in UK etc.? I'm now concerned about the PCC, and the inland/ out-land aspect

Thanks (again), your help is really appreciated.