+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC and Medical Test for dependent (Wife) - Proof requested

EMJ

Jul 20, 2015
Hi Asivad, All,

I recently received my ITA and so I have been asked to get my medicals done and also get a Police clearance certificate.

As you are all aware, this has to be done both for myself as well as my wife, who will be travelling with me as a dependent. I took an appointment at the Mumbai Assistant Police Commissioner's office today in order to submit all the required documents for PCC for the both of us. However, while they accepted my documents, they did not accept my wife's documents since the ITA form does not include my wife's details and so there is no "document" which explicitly states that my wife will travel with me as a dependent. I gave them a copy of the marriage certificate and her passport and tried explaining that she will travel with me as a dependent. I told them that while the ITA form does not include her name, it is understood that she has to get her PCC done irrespective of whether she is traveling with me or not. However they said that irrespective of that, they need a document that explicitly states that she has also applied for Express entry or that she is a dependent on my express entry application.

I am clueless about what I should do! Obviously, the ITA form does not have my wife's name on it. Can you please let me know what I can provide to prove that my wife is a dependent on my application. I have my Medical test tomorrow and I worry that the Physician will raise the same issue. Plz Help!

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
EMJ said:
Hi Asivad, All,

I recently received my ITA and so I have been asked to get my medicals done and also get a Police clearance certificate.

As you are all aware, this has to be done both for myself as well as my wife, who will be travelling with me as a dependent. I took an appointment at the Mumbai Assistant Police Commissioner's office today in order to submit all the required documents for PCC for the both of us. However, while they accepted my documents, they did not accept my wife's documents since the ITA form does not include my wife's details and so there is no "document" which explicitly states that my wife will travel with me as a dependent. I gave them a copy of the marriage certificate and her passport and tried explaining that she will travel with me as a dependent. I told them that while the ITA form does not include her name, it is understood that she has to get her PCC done irrespective of whether she is traveling with me or not. However they said that irrespective of that, they need a document that explicitly states that she has also applied for Express entry or that she is a dependent on my express entry application.

I am clueless about what I should do! Obviously, the ITA form does not have my wife's name on it. Can you please let me know what I can provide to prove that my wife is a dependent on my application. I have my Medical test tomorrow and I worry that the Physician will raise the same issue. Plz Help!
I visited the Passport Seva Kendra in Bangalore for a PCC and they do not require an ITA proof to be shown.
The Passport Office stamped my passport saying that "PCC has been granted for Canada".
Here's a set of documents I carried for my PCC
1. My original passport + copies
2. Address Proofs [ if current address is different from the address on the passport].

Maybe you can try that route. All the documents you need and the appointments are available online. This is much easier than going to the Commissioner's office.

TestEngg

Jul 7, 2015
yogigal said:
I visited the Passport Seva Kendra in Bangalore for a PCC and they do not require an ITA proof to be shown.
The Passport Office stamped my passport saying that "PCC has been granted for Canada".
2. Address Proofs [ if current address is different from the address on the passport].

Maybe you can try that route. All the documents you need and the appointments are available online. This is much easier than going to the Commissioner's office.
How long does getting the PCC take, even i am planning to get it for myself and my spouse in Bangalore. Have not got the ITA yet but want to be prepared. Also planning to take medical upfront, have you got the medicals also with ITA in Bangalore. Thanks

EMJ

Jul 20, 2015
yogigal said:

Thanks Yogigal! Yes, that's what I plan on doing now. I'll use the Passport Kendra office to get the PCC done for my wife.

I'm just worried if the Physician will end up refusing to do her medical because of the same reason. As you mentioned, while I have an alternate option for the PCC, getting the report from the authorized physician seems to be the only option for the medical.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
TestEngg said:
How long does getting the PCC take, even i am planning to get it for myself and my spouse in Bangalore. Have not got the ITA yet but want to be prepared. Also planning to take medical upfront, have you got the medicals also with ITA in Bangalore. Thanks
PCC took 2 hours. Get an appointment at the PSK and then carry all the required documents [ do not miss a single important document] which can be easily found on the Passport office website.

They stamp your passport and issue you a letter on the same day, in the same visit.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
TestEngg said:
As @Asivad Anac had commented on another forum post, it is not really worth it to get medicals done upfront before getting the ITA as your Medicals are sent via eMedical to the embassy, and am not sure what happens if the medicals reach them before you get an ITA.

however, I can comment on the post ITA experience in Bangalore for my medical check.

I booked an appointment at Elbit Diagnostics on Tuesday and went on Wednesday. The documents I carried were
1. Passport
2. Passport copy
3. ITA
4. 4 Passport size photographs with 80% face proportion
5. INR 4100 in cash

They completed all my tests in less than an hour and gave me a receipt. They will be sending the medical reports directly to the embassy.

They said that it takes them about 2-3 working days to send the reports to the embassy. I am trusting them on that, and will follow up with them 10 days from now to ensure that they have indeed sent across my documentation.

TestEngg

Jul 7, 2015
yogigal said:
As @ Asivad Anac had commented on another forum post, it is not really worth it to get medicals done upfront before getting the ITA as your Medicals are sent via eMedical to the embassy, and am not sure what happens if the medicals reach them before you get an ITA.

however, I can comment on the post ITA experience in Bangalore for my medical check.

I booked an appointment at Elbit Diagnostics on Tuesday and went on Wednesday. The documents I carried were
1. Passport
2. Passport copy
3. ITA
4. 4 Passport size photographs with 80% face proportion
5. INR 4100 in cash

They completed all my tests in less than an hour and gave me a receipt. They will be sending the medical reports directly to the embassy.

They said that it takes them about 2-3 working days to send the reports to the embassy. I am trusting them on that, and will follow up with them 10 days from now to ensure that they have indeed sent across my documentation.
Thanks a ton for such detailed explanation :)...So will get PCC done soon and wait for ITA to get the medicals done...All the best for your medicals..

Vivimanisha

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
EMJ said:
Hi Asivad, All,

Hi yogigal,

How did u get you pcc done in Mumbai.

Did you go to the police commissioner? What process did you follow?

thanks