+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC after ITA - Travelling to India - Please Help

Nisarg0209

Jan 13, 2023
Hi everyone,

I got my ITA under CEC Express Entry on 10th January. I don't have my PCC yet.

I was going to go to India on 15th January.

Scenario 1:

Can I go to India, get my PCC from there, upload all documents from India and submit my PR application from India and then come back to Canada?

Is that possible?

Scenario 2:

I make a request on BLS for my PCC, leave for India, come back in 1 month, and upload all documents from Canada?

Basically I have to go to India for a month right now, and trying to figure out a way around this.

All your help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Y
Hi everyone,

Scenario 1:

Can I go to India, get my PCC from there, upload all documents from India and submit my PR application from India and then come back to Canada?

Is that possible?

Scenario 2:

I make a request on BLS for my PCC, leave for India, come back in 1 month, and upload all documents from Canada?

Basically I have to go to India for a month right now, and trying to figure out a way around this.

You should get your pcc from your local district police station because they will provide you the pcc in a week after you left India. while bls takes more than a month.

Reactions: Arsh gill4209

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

Scenario 1:

Is that possible?

Scenario 2:

Similar queries were answered before in the below thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-travel-after-ita.781812/

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi everyone,

Scenario 1:

Is that possible?

Scenario 2:

PCCs are always tricky! Scenario 1 is the best way forward as long as you submit the application from India! PCC taken from India cannot be used to submit from Canada.
PCC must be applied from PSK not the district police and it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the physical letter to come in.

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
PCCs are always tricky! Scenario 1 is the best way forward as long as you submit the application from India! PCC taken from India cannot be used to submit from Canada.
PCC must be applied from PSK not the district police and it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the physical letter to come in.
I've confirmed with some applicants who got their copr with district police station PCC. Worst case scenario is IRCC will request for new PCC from PSK at later stage but I am in urgency to visit India and I have to submit application with local district police station PCC. CIC also mentioned at their website that PCC from district police station is acceptable.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I've confirmed with some applicants who got their copr with district police station PCC. Worst case scenario is IRCC will request for new PCC from PSK at later stage but I am in urgency to visit India and I have to submit application with local district police station PCC. CIC also mentioned at their website that PCC from district police station is acceptable.
Do confirm with them if they ever stayed in multiple addresses in India or just the one address when they got the PCC from district police. IRCC does not ask for ADRs for PCCs unless the criminality expired due to covid processing.

Also, you can submit your application without the PCC with proofs of your appointment from BLC (appointment after your India trip) and an explanation of your emergent travel to India (LOE) and that BLC takes a long time to process. IRCC is quite aware of the long time that PCC takes for each country.

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Do confirm with them if they ever stayed in multiple addresses in India or just the one address when they got the PCC from district police. IRCC does not ask for ADRs for PCCs unless the criminality expired due to covid processing.

Also, you can submit your application without the PCC with proofs of your appointment from BLC (appointment after your India trip) and an explanation of your emergent travel to India (LOE) and that BLC takes a long time to process. IRCC is quite aware of the long time that PCC takes for each country.
Address on PCC should be the same as on passport right? And PCC must be issued after my departure from India which I confirmed with local police station and they will provide me the PCC in 5 working days after I leave India.

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022

I lived on two different addresses in India. If I get PCC for two addresses then there will be any problem? Because both addresses have same local police station.

UDAY123

Jun 6, 2021
I have senario 1 . Can I do that with out any issue I have my PCC with me and all other docs. Is it good to submit application from India itself before leaving to Canada .

RAGHU_RAM

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

I have question regarding the PCC.
I applied PCC for Express entry from BLS- Canada.
After I got the PCC, If I travel to India for 2 months and comeback to Canada.
Can I submit document for express entry under CEC or Do I need to apply for a new one after comming back from India?

Thank you!

Reactions: samraj1111

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,

Can I submit document for express entry under CEC or Do I need to apply for a new one after comming back from India?

Thank you!
New one will be required. Travel after submitting your application.

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hi,

Thank you!
You can use that PCC because your stay in your home country is less than six months.

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023
Hi everyone,

Scenario 1:

Is that possible?

Scenario 2:

which Scenario did you follow and how were you able to overcome ?

notyourtype

May 22, 2023
Hey guys, After living in Canada for 5 years (Graduated and worked there for 2 years), I came back to india last year and working here full time. Yester, I suddenly got ITA for PR. So, I am confused that whether to get PCC here and then got to Canada or first leave for Canada and get my PCC from there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Get your PCC in India, its takes 2 months to get from BLS Canada. As you are still resident in India, you can apply and get it faster.