+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PayPal as proof of fund? Location independent job?

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hi everyone!
I have applied for the Express entry program AND the New Brunswick Province Nomination.
However I have a couple of question that I haven't found anywhere on the CIC website and they don't seem to have a contact email.

The proof of funds of 15k+ dollar, can it be on a PayPal account or does it have to be in a bank? I am currently in Brazil, however, I do not have a bank account here in brazil but in the UK, so to avoid fees could I use my PayPal account to secure the proof of fund?

Also, I am currently working as Social Media manager for a location independent company, which mean that if I get the ITA I will still have an income of about CAD800 monthly, can it be taken into account?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
As long as the funds have been in there for 6ish months, I don't think CIC cares. However, personally I would have concerns about having that much money in a PayPal account. What is your score? If your score is high enough where you're expecting ITA soon, I would contact a Canadian bank such as Royal Bank of Canada who has programs specially designed for new immigrants. They also allow you to remotely open up an account prior to landing.