+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift in proof of funds

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hi guys,

For my Proof of Fund, my mom gave me part of the money less than six months ago, she made a self-declaration that she gave me the money in front of a testimony and joined the transfer receipt from the bank as well as a proof that she is my mother.

I heard about gift deed, but seems to me the same as a self-made declaration, can anyone explain he difference, if I need it and how to do it if I do need it?

Would it be sufficient? What else could I add?
I'm freaking out :/

Thanks in advance

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
While demonstrating the POF, you can attach this gift deed along with the bank certificate and 6 months bank statements. IRCC needs to know the source of funds. Once you show this gift deed, then everything is fine. I hope this gift deed is notarised.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sub: Settlement / Proof of Funds

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am submitting all the pertinent details regarding Settlement / Proof of Funds.

Principal Applicant

1- Letter of Explanation
2- Affidavit, Settlement / Proof of Funds
3- Current Bank certification letter, Stating Indian Rupees & Equivalent CAN $
4- 6 Months Bank Statement
5- Salary Stubs Six Months

6- Father, Legal Gift Deed
7- Father, Affidavit

Should any questions arise about any settlement / Proof of Fund documents, I would be pleased do to provide any further information, clarifications.

Note:

If your mother has self declared that she is transferring the funds to you as a gift and not loan, you are good to go

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
MZASAM said:
Sub: Settlement / Proof of Funds

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am submitting all the pertinent details regarding Settlement / Proof of Funds.

Principal Applicant

1- Letter of Explanation
2- Affidavit, Settlement / Proof of Funds
3- Current Bank certification letter, Stating Indian Rupees & Equivalent CAN $
4- 6 Months Bank Statement
5- Salary Stubs Six Months

6- Father, Legal Gift Deed
7- Father, Affidavit

Should any questions arise about any settlement / Proof of Fund documents, I would be pleased do to provide any further information, clarifications.

Note:

If your mother has self declared that she is transferring the funds to you as a gift and not loan, you are good to go
Do I need to get it notarized? Another thing is I have two bank accounts in different countries, and one is way over 6 months and the other is less than six months (the one with the gift) I'll explain it in the LOE but would it be a problem?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Gift Deed

Dated: 6th Feb 2016
I, xxxxxxxxxxxx Resident of H.No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx india, do hereby on date xxxxxx make a gift-deed for a gift made on dated of 1st Feb 2016, for Indian Rupees 800,000 (Indian Rupees Eight hundred Thousand Only) Equivalent to Canadian Dollars 16000 (Sixteen Thousand Canadian Dollars) out of love and affection for my son

I confirm that I am a resident Indian and I further confirm that this gift is being made out of our funds standing from my Account No. xxxxx in xxxxx

I, further confirm that the consideration for this gift is the love and affection for my daughter xxxxxxx and no other consideration.

I further confirm that the gift has been made by Cheque No xxxxxx dated 1st Feb 2016, drawn on xxxxxxxxxxx

This gift is irrevocable, not a loan and we will have no claims left whatsoever on the said gifted amount and she is free to utilize it in any manner.

Place: xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
Signature

Self Declaration
Gift Recipient

The gift as stated above is accepted

Signature

Reactions: kartheek89

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
As long as you show the source of funds by attaching the gift deed, then it won't matter much when the funds transfer took place. It is better to get the gift deed notarized to make it look more authentic. You can show POF in multiple bank accounts in multiple currencies.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DorianCarlmikael:

Sush has cleared all your doubts.
Please just follow!!! Don't FRET!!!!!!!

We will not allow / like anybody to FRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A self-declaration that the funds are a gift along with proof of transfer is sufficient.

No need to notarize anything.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi,
I have a question for Indian applicants. Has anyone showcased his/her proof of funds from 'Bank of India'. If yes, do they provide the letter as expected by CIC.