+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment question

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hey everyone, I am DONE with my application finally after so much thinking and overthinking trying to make sure that I have all the right things even tho my relationship couldn't be more real than what it is lol anyways I need help with one last thing. I know I have to pay for the work permit $255 and then for the permanent residence application $1100, So do I just pay everything together and put the receipt in the front of the whole application? or do I pay my work permit fee and put it on the work permit as the first page and then pay the fee for the PR and put it as the first page too? I am a little bit confused with that.

Also I am thinking in putting either the work permit in one envelope that will go inside the big envelope that has the permanent residence application, or put everything in the same envelope with the receipt in front work permit under receipt and PR under the work permit.

Thanks in advance !

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aleguillen said:
Hey everyone, I am DONE with my application finally after so much thinking and overthinking trying to make sure that I have all the right things even tho my relationship couldn't be more real than what it is lol anyways I need help with one last thing. I know I have to pay for the work permit $255 and then for the permanent residence application $1100, So do I just pay everything together and put the receipt in the front of the whole application? or do I pay my work permit fee and put it on the work permit as the first page and then pay the fee for the PR and put it as the first page too? I am a little bit confused with that.

Also I am thinking in putting either the work permit in one envelope that will go inside the big envelope that has the permanent residence application, or put everything in the same envelope with the receipt in front work permit under receipt and PR under the work permit.

Thanks in advance !
I think what you should do is not to mix up both fees. Try to be clear as much as possible to avoid questioning and delays. So I would say your paperwork should have the separate fee indicating for that particular category. This way they don't make any excuse on you.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
thank you !! I just realized tho, I paid from the option that said Family class and I paid those fees which it comes to a total of 1040, now I was about to pay my work permit fees when I saw that they have another option the spousal, common law sponsorship in Canada class. It is the same amount but will that be a problem? I mean I paid 1040 anyways just clicked on family sponsorship instead of the other one!! the receipt just says 1040.
One last question, I paid with my partner credit card, his name is in the receipt I have to fill in, do i just write my name anyways under it ?

Thank you very much

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
hhafiz said:
I think what you should do is not to mix up both fee. Try to be clear as much as possible to avoid questioning and delays. So I would say your paperwork should have the separate fee indicating for that particular category. This way they don't make any excuse on you.
I guess I have to quote you so you get a notification? lol I don't really now how everything work on the forum !!