+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)

tj56

Sep 16, 2018
I applied for Express Entry in August 2021, and I just got the passport request. I had already paid all the fees required, including "Right Of Permanent Residence Fee".

Since I must provide a payment receipt for the RPRF, I noticed that the current fee is $515, however, when I paid in 2021, it was $500. Should I pay the difference?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
I applied for Express Entry in August 2021, and I just got the passport request. I had already paid all the fees required, including "Right Of Permanent Residence Fee".

Since I must provide a payment receipt for the RPRF, I noticed that the current fee is $515, however, when I paid in 2021, it was $500. Should I pay the difference?
No. Also where does it say that you must provide a receipt? I was in your shoes, never provided a receipt, and got COPR without issues. In the PPR I received I would only need a receipt if I didn’t already pay RPRF before.

tj56

Sep 16, 2018
No. Also where does it say that you must provide a receipt? I was in your shoes, never provided a receipt, and got COPR without issues. In the PPR I received I would only need a receipt if I didn’t already pay RPRF before.

Thanks for the help.

It says so in the information letter (passport request):
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
I suppose I misunderstood, I don't have to provide any receipt. Also, I came across this, which should confirm it too. Thanks!

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the help.

It says so in the information letter (passport request):

I suppose I misunderstood, I don't have to provide any receipt. Also, I came across this, which should confirm it too. Thanks!
The system must’ve generated a receipt when you paid, and this receipt is dated. Simply provide that receipt, you need not pay the difference.