+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pay Stubs

ok123

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Hello Everyone,

When submitting the CEC application, should I include pay stubs or should I leave them out and only provide T4s from 2013 and Notice of Assessment (NOA) from 2013?

On the document checklist, it says NOA is CIC preferred, but we can't get NOA for 2014 now, and pay stubs is a good way to show that I'm getting paid.

I prefer to include them in the package, but I don't know what CIC will think when they receive document they think they don't need.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Krystal

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
ok123 said:
Hello Everyone,

When submitting the CEC application, should I include pay stubs or should I leave them out and only provide T4s from 2013 and Notice of Assessment (NOA) from 2013? You can add paystubs in your application as a supporting document. It not needed though if T4 and NOA is provided.

On the document checklist, it says NOA is CIC preferred, but we can't get NOA for 2014 now, and pay stubs is a good way to show that I'm getting paid.
Obviously you wont have T4 and NOA for 2014. So what you can do is include a copy of paystubs for year 2014 or just attach last paystubs which will have YTD calculation for year 2014.

I prefer to include them in the package, but I don't know what CIC will think when they receive document they think they don't need.
Don't worry too much about what they will think. Make your application stronger. Just keep in mind that if they don't need something in your application they will discard it. But do not send unnecessary stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Krystal

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I haven't checked the checklist for a long time so I'm not sure if it got updated. When I applied last year pay stubs were listed as one of the supporting documents beside the more preferred T4 and NOA. I included it with my application. In your case since you don't have T4 I would suggest you to include your pay stubs.