+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pay now submit later?

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hi all,

We are applying for PR through common-law sponsorship, I have fully completed the Open Work Permit application that goes along with it, I'm wondering is it OK to pay for the work permit now, and then submit it later with the entire PR application? Also, I just want to double-check the order in which the documents should be, the Work Permit should go behind the Sponsorship application?

Thank you!

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi all,

We are applying for PR through common-law sponsorship, I have fully completed the Open Work Permit application that goes along with it, I'm wondering is it OK to pay for the work permit now, and then submit it later with the entire PR application? Also, I just want to double-check the order in which the documents should be, the Work Permit should go behind the Sponsorship application?

Thank you!
It's not a big deal if you pay your fees a couple of months before sending the application. You will be including the reciept with the application and they should be able to find your payment.
As for organizing the papers, here's what you should do:

- Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.

- If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
- the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
- a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application

The order of documents should be as follows:
- checklist;
- open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
- any barcode pages;
- supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you for your detailed answer super helpful!

I'm just a little confused about the barcodes, some of the codes are related to certain pages that we validated, should those be kept with the validated document or are they supposed to just all go together?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Thank you for your detailed answer super helpful!

I'm just a little confused about the barcodes, some of the codes are related to certain pages that we validated, should those be kept with the validated document or are they supposed to just all go together?
Please see the complete guide, and make sure you read it well before submitting. I'll quote the information about the validated forms below, but I'm saying you should in case you missed other important info on different areas of the application.

"After being validated, the IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 will create barcode pages (see image below). When you’re preparing your application, place these barcode pages right underneath your checklist.

Note: The eIMM 5669 (Schedule A) form will not produce a barcode page when it’s validated."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#:~:text=After being validated,when it’s validated.

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Please see the complete guide, and make sure you read it well before submitting. I'll quote the information about the validated forms below, but I'm saying you should in case you missed other important info on different areas of the application.

"After being validated, the IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 will create barcode pages (see image below). When you’re preparing your application, place these barcode pages right underneath your checklist.

Note: The eIMM 5669 (Schedule A) form will not produce a barcode page when it’s validated."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#:~:text=After being validated,when it’s validated.
Thank you so much! I misunderstood but you've cleared it up!

Reactions: DimT44