+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathways to PR

Ezzo90

Jan 12, 2019
Asking for a friend:

Hello
I am on a visitor visa with my family ( 5 members) in Toronto.
I am exploring options for pathways to gain a status in Canada that can lead to permanent residency.
I was wondering If I am allowed to start up a business in Canada (I do have the funds for that) and if that can be a way to gain status.
Or If I was offered a job in Canada would I be able to get a work permit and add my family (spouse and children) as dependents?

Any insights are highly appreciated.

Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Asking for a friend:

Hello
I am exploring options for pathways to gain a status in Canada that can lead to permanent residency.
I was wondering If I am allowed to start up a business in Canada (I do have the funds for that) and if that can be a way to gain status.
Or If I was offered a job in Canada would I be able to get a work permit and add my family (spouse and children) as dependents?

Thanks
None of those are options.

About being able to work with a job offer - you friend will either need a LMIA exempt work permit or LMIA + work permit to work in Canada.

Starting a business - your friend needs to do their research whether they will file a start-up visa, C11, etc. I don't think anyone can land in a visitor visa and do it.

Without understanding your friend's CRS, whether they fall in any in-demand category, etc - very hard to say what PR pathway is available to your friend.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Asking for a friend:

Hello

Thanks
Very difficult for your friend to be able to remain in Canada with their whole family while you try to find an employer, apply for start-up visa, etc. Most of these things take 6+ months. Applications for temporary stays like on a WP can be made much weaker by being in Canada especially with your whole family. It would be very difficult to prove that you have strong ties to your home country. What family of 5 doesn’t have a home to return to if they’re came to Canada on vacation?