+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway venezuelan guide 5991

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes, I want to make clear to them that I am trying to get as much information as possible.

i have another question, I think I know the answer but they putting some pressure on my shoulders now. My brother in law has a visitor application in progress, would be he able to apply for this new process?

i think the answer is easy, as I have not seen a person having two applications simultaneously, I could send a filled out webform to request a cancellation though i think, and then apply for this one. Howver, if he gets a refusal, then probably he will not be able to apply for visitor anymore, as there will be a record of other intentions from him. What do you think?
  • be a spouse, common-law partner, child (regardless of age), grandchild, parent, grandparent or sibling of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is willing and eligible to support your application (an “anchor”)
So you are supporting your siblings with their spouses who are not in Canada. BIL doesn’t apply separately.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
There are no spouses or children here at all, thanks god. Just my wife’s brother and sister. Her brother is in venezuela right now, but a visitor visa application is in progress. I will tell her what you just told me, that he could apply for it as well.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No issue about that at all? Holy, I will tell them that. The 3 of them are siblings, my wife and I are canadian citizens.
I'm not aware of any issues, but I'm not an immigration lawyer. So I definitely can't say for certain.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC knows she is taking care of our toddler. I did the same for my mother in law before, as we included it in the letter of explanation, there has been no issue at all. It is not that she is getting an hourly rate or something. Anyway, the decision will be my wife’s and sister-in-law, i am just suggesting based on the requirements.
You may have gotten very lucky if TRV was approved even after saying your SIL will be looking after your child but it is still working illegally. If you attempt to extend their stay IRCC is going to start asking questions about how she is supporting herself and getting concerned she is working illegally since unless she has significant savings she would would be expected to be working. Would not expect another similar program especially in close proximity to this one. This program is the result of a deal with the US to close Roxham road.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
You may have gotten very lucky if TRV was approved even after saying your SIL will be looking after your child but it is still working illegally. If you attempt to extend their stay IRCC is going to start asking questions about how she is supporting herself and getting concerned she is working illegally since unless she has significant savings she would would be expected to be working. Would not expect another similar program especially in close proximity to this one. This program is the result of a deal with the US to close Roxham road.
She is not working illegally. she is just at our place 24hrs. It is just about being honest with immigration.
Anyway, that has not been a big issue. My mother in law actually got 2 extensions approved to stay and help before. she was here for 1 year and half, my sister in law just came, and we are thinking now to get the supervisa for my mother in law.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
I'm not aware of any issues, but I'm not an immigration lawyer. So I definitely can't say for certain.
thanks. Can any of you help me get the processing fee I need to pay?, there is no credit card button in this application, but a link with a list of all fees as per application, but this new process is not there. The application package mentions that all applications fees will be waived. now, the application program still request proof of payment, I am suppose to choose the right program, pay and then upload the proof of payment, but I don't know which to choose. not sure if I need to pay and get a refund later.

this is the fees link: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp

And this is the link for the waives they mentioned: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/humanitarian-colombia-haiti-venezuela.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks. Can any of you help me get the processing fee I need to pay?, there is no credit card button in this application, but a link with a list of all fees as per application, but this new process is not there. The application package mentions that all applications fees will be waived. now, the application program still request proof of payment, I am suppose to choose the right program, pay and then upload the proof of payment, but I don't know which to choose. not sure if I need to pay and get a refund later.

this is the fees link: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp

And this is the link for the waives they mentioned: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/humanitarian-colombia-haiti-venezuela.html
I don't know. This is beyond my knowledge.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She is not working illegally. she is just at our place 24hrs. It is just about being honest with immigration.
Anyway, that has not been a big issue. My mother in law actually got 2 extensions approved to stay and help before. she was here for 1 year and half, my sister in law just came, and we are thinking now to get the supervisa for my mother in law.
It actually is quite a big deal and we see many get denied for this exact reason. If you would otherwise have to pay for childcare it is work. If she is just at your place then she isn’t providing childcare she could easily return to Venezuela to apply. It is typically easier for parents to stay longer while young people typically can’t leave their home for an extended period of time without working or studying. Sadly looks like you will be applying even though your sister doesn’t qualify. Wonder if they will be accepting more knowing people can’t follow instructions like PGP or else one spot is about to be wasted.

BC1989

May 27, 2021
Does anyone know how many applications can be made. My girlfriend wants to bring her 1. parents 2. Sister and two sons 3. Sister, husband and daughter. We can support them here to settle. There isn’t any rules with amount of applications is there

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does anyone know how many applications can be made. My girlfriend wants to bring her 1. parents 2. Sister and two sons 3. Sister, husband and daughter. We can support them here to settle. There isn’t any rules with amount of applications is there
There don't seem to be any obvious rules around this so I don't think there are specific limits. Having said that, I haven't looked at the form the anchor has to complete and don't know what's asked in there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would personally prioritize who you want to apply. Would assume even though not specified that IRCC won’t want to allow families to bring in many family members while others bring none. IRCC will also want the sponsor to dedicate their time and finances to resettling one family group like a group of 5 situation. Would prioritize family group that has the best chances of becoming employed and financially independent in Canada or if another family group qualifies via other economic immigration pathways go chose another family group.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
she is missing it, I can not just send her back right now just to apply for this. If the program gets renewed later, that would be great, but that is very subjective, and there is no guarantee. I brought her to help us with our toddler, and that is all I care about.
Just read the application. It actually requires you to confirm that you are living in Venezuela and tells you that if you check no you don’t qualify to apply. If she lies and checks off that she is in Venezuela she could end up with a up to ban from Canada. Not sure how there is anyway you could justify sending in an application from Canada when it has been. Made very clear that you don’t qualify.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
It actually is quite a big deal and we see many get denied for this exact reason. If you would otherwise have to pay for childcare it is work. If she is just at your place then she isn’t providing childcare she could easily return to Venezuela to apply. It is typically easier for parents to stay longer while young people typically can’t leave their home for an extended period of time without working or studying. Sadly looks like you will be applying even though your sister doesn’t qualify. Wonder if they will be accepting more knowing people can’t follow instructions like PGP or else one spot is about to be wasted.
my sister-in-law will not apply for it, as she is here.
My brother in law will apply for it, as he is in venezuela right now, I think I already clarified it a few comments above.

Like I said before, I have had not problem of visitor visas, so far, and that is good. I think it depends on the condition. We actually need the help, because i am working in USA, right now, and I come to canada a week every month. We will decide later if we move to usa or stay in canada. Anyway, that is none of my concern right now, nor the new venezuelan path, it is mostly for my wife and her siblings to understand the rules.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
There don't seem to be any obvious rules around this so I don't think there are specific limits. Having said that, I haven't looked at the form the anchor has to complete and don't know what's asked in there.
The form is not asking about bank statement, job statements, or max number of people. It actually asks for all the name and number of people we could help.

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my sister-in-law will not apply for it, as she is here.
My brother in law will apply for it, as he is in venezuela right now, I think I already clarified it a few comments above.

Like I said before, I have had not problem of visitor visas, so far, and that is good. I think it depends on the condition. We actually need the help, because i am working in USA, right now, and I come to canada a week every month. We will decide later if we move to usa or stay in canada. Anyway, that is none of my concern right now, nor the new venezuelan path, it is mostly for my wife and her siblings to understand the rules.
If you are spending the majority of your time in the US that will also be something that will be looked at since you will also be part of the family supporting anyone arriving from Venezuela.