Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Just read the application. It actually requires you to confirm that you are living in Venezuela and tells you that if you check no you don’t qualify to apply. If she lies and checks off that she is in Venezuela she could end up with a up to ban from Canada. Not sure how there is anyway you could justify sending in an application from Canada when it has been. Made very clear that you don’t qualify.
i think you did not understand me. I meant, if the program gets renewed, and she is back to venezuela by then, I could help her in that case, right now, she is missing the opportunity, I will not send her back just for this, as It was me who paid for her trip and visa. Nobody is talking about doing anything illegal or lying about it, but finding ways of applying under the rules. I don’t see where you got anything of what you just said in this comment, I did not write anything about lying.

Last edited:

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
If you are spending the majority of your time in the US that will also be something that will be looked at since you will also be part of the family supporting anyone arriving from Venezuela.
I am not signing anything, my wife is, and I am still a resident of canada, I am paying taxes, as long my wife and son remain here and I have my house. That is not the subject, it is not about me, it is about my sister-in-law, she lost the opportunity, now her brother is a different story.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not signing anything, my wife is, and I am still a resident of canada, I am paying taxes, as long my wife and son remain here and I have my house. That is not the subject, it is not about me, it is about my sister-in-law, she lost the opportunity, now her brother is a different story.
The anchor’s family is considered not just the anchor. Of course you are paying taxes in Canada if your family is in Canada but you are mostly paying US taxes not Canadian taxes if you want to get specific. If the application only depended on your wife any income you brought in and any income that you contribute towards a home and living expenses in Canada would also not count. The program is being run like the private sponsorship. That program requires a group of 5 in Canada’s but often many more people and so unless your spouse is a making millions and has unlimited spare time she isn’t the only one expected to help her family resettle her family (spouse and dependent children) is expected to help resettle her family over the next year if they get accepted to the program.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
The anchor’s family is considered not just the anchor. Of course you are paying taxes in Canada if your family is in Canada but you are mostly paying US taxes not Canadian taxes if you want to get specific. If the application only depended on your wife any income you brought in and any income that you contribute towards a home and living expenses in Canada would also not count. The program is being run like the private sponsorship. That program requires a group of 5 in Canada’s but often many more people and so unless your spouse is a making millions and has unlimited spare time she isn’t the only one expected to help her family resettle her family (spouse and dependent children) is expected to help resettle her family over the next year if they get accepted to the program.
we already filled out the forms buddy. There is only the information from my wife being requested. It is not sponsorship at all, they are not even asking the financial situation of my wife, like bank statement or job letter, the program itself will waive all application fee and the government will assist her brother for 3 months, economically speaking. I will not go through the details of my taxes, that is taken cared of and has no connection to this.

The only doubt I have right now, is that the application is still requiring a proof of payment, but the instructions says that all of that is waived, now, in the ukranian process, which it is similar to the venezuelan, there is a note that says if the person pays, all that will be refunded automatically, I am just wondering if that applies to this one as well, so my wife can pay for the right of PR, just to submit it asap. She will still pay for it, but the refund is the concern. Who knows about this?

Reactions: Ladyrocha

Ladyrocha

Feb 15, 2019
Hi everyone, I had almost the same sister but my sister arrived here 2 months ago as English student. 1. How long do you think this process (response) will take?. 2. Would it be a conflict if she apply to this PR visa being a current English student?. 3. Would be ok if she flight to the Country and then come back after a month? ....and finally she is a teacher is there a program for teachers?

Ladyrocha

Feb 15, 2019
we already filled out the forms buddy. There is only the information from my wife being requested. It is not sponsorship at all, they are not even asking the financial situation of my wife, like bank statement or job letter, the program itself will waive all application fee and the government will assist her brother for 3 months, economically speaking. I will not go through the details of my taxes, that is taken cared of and has no connection to this.

The only doubt I have right now, is that the application is still requiring a proof of payment, but the instructions says that all of that is waived, now, in the ukranian process, which it is similar to the venezuelan, there is a note that says if the person pays, all that will be refunded automatically, I am just wondering if that applies to this one as well, so my wife can pay for the right of PR, just to submit it asap. She will still pay for it, but the refund is the concern. Who knows about this?
Hi where did you find that the payments were waived thank you

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Hi where did you find that the payments were waived thank you
pay for the processing fees, leave others out. I am counting on them to refund that, however, I did not pay for it, so I really don’t care. Based on the instructions, all application fees are waived, but so they should refund them.

Ladyrocha

Feb 15, 2019
pay for the processing fees, leave others out. I am counting on them to refund that, however, I did not pay for it, so I really don’t care. Based on the instructions, all application fees are waived, but so they should refund them.
Thank you, the instruction doesn't mention anything about the fees, that is why you said where waived?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The Ukrainian program is not PR it is just a WP so very different. Normal H&C applications and other protected people have to pay PR fee so those would be better comparisons. The instructions also say that you may need an interview.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I had almost the same sister but my sister arrived here 2 months ago as English student. 1. How long do you think this process (response) will take?. 2. Would it be a conflict if she apply to this PR visa being a current English student?. 3. Would be ok if she flight to the Country and then come back after a month? ....and finally she is a teacher is there a program for teachers?
If your sister applied while still in Canada her application will be denied. While filing out the form you have to confirm that you are not in Canada. The program just started so it’s unclear how long it will take. The program is really meant for those living outside of Canada so I would personally wait abroad.

Ladyrocha

Feb 15, 2019
If your sister applied while still in Canada her application will be denied. While filing out the form you have to confirm that you are not in Canada. The program just started so it’s unclear how long it will take. The program is really meant for those living outside of Canada so I would personally wait abroad.
Thank you