+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to PR under CEC with 1 year PGWP

parth7d

Nov 6, 2018
@ayeshasultana2171 : I'd definitely take @jes_ON's word on this. He's much more experienced than I am.
Sincere apologies for the confusion.
Thanks Jes for the clarification. If I knew this earlier, would have been eligible a month back - without CLB 9 :p
Thanks though! (y)

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Yes you can but you don't get PGWP again

Hi Parth ,

I am in same situation as yours . I got 1 year PGWP which will end in MAY 2020 and i am really not sure as how to approach for the CEC.

I cant show my 1 year experience till march 2020 and my PGWP will expire in May 2020 , only 2 months will be remaining in the PGWP .

How did you extended your PGWP or did you followed some other option . Please reply soon as i am in dire need ..

PS: Can we apply for a study permit again before pgwp expires that to within Canada. If yes then do we have to show the GIC or any other finances to get the study permit approved ..

Thank you ,
Ayesha

Chocoboy

Jun 12, 2019
Hi Parth, jes_ON,
Indian , 25, here, with 3 years Software experience.With a 4 year Bachelor (BTech-ECE)degree from India , have enrolled for PG Diploma(ongoing- 1 year) via Distant mode.(Enrolled primarily to get Two/more certificates or diplomas). Recently, checked on the WES site and it showed PG Diploma as " 1 year Graduate study", which means my highest qualification would be a Bachelors. Based on these, I have 2 options:
A.)With IELTS 8+ band , another 6 month certificate course, or a distant learning Masters in India(would take 2 years) , along with an average French skill(aiming for atleast band -5 in TEF). Briefly CRS would be for two./more certificates - around 474-478(possibly in 2021) and for Masters- around 481-485(in 2022)
B.) 1 year Masters from University of Calgary(software engineering) followed by 1 year job. Although I know this gives high score, I am much worried about the employment after Masters degree in Canada, since Calgary is primarily a hotspot for Petrochemical industries, and I would have 1 year PGWP.

Any advise on these lines for the options, would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Rashmeet

Oct 4, 2020
Hello Ayesha & Parth & Other Experts
@ayeshasultana2171
@jes_ON
@Mara71
@parth7d

I have some doubts Need all of your guidance in making rational decisions. Please help

I got offer letter from Canadore college for one year program. ( I.e. one year PGWP)
I also got offer letter from lambton in Toronto for 2 year same program ( i.e. two year PGWP)

However, if I go with 2 year program my CSR with my current score I.e (8,7,7&6.5 in writing); I assume if I reappear would be same. Having age :- 32 at the time of application will be 488. Also, I saw a lot of bad reviews about lambton in toronto.

On the flip side taking canadore and doing same as you people did my CSR will come 492 with age 31 at the time of application. Should i take risk of 1 year PGWP because my budget is low for tuation fees plus canadore is more reputed then lambton in toronto.( In that way I will be saving my money as well )

This will only work if I complete my 1540 hours of work 3 months before my 1 yr PGWP expires.

Is it possible, please guide me to take correct decision.

Regards
Rashmeet

Last edited:

D_17

Sep 18, 2020
Hello there,

I am Devanshi. Currently I am student and my course will end this month (April 2021) though I have valid study permit till September 2021. As my course was of 1 year duration (8 months to be specific) , I will be getting 1 year of pgwp.
I have full-time job offer from current employer I work for through agency.

So would it be better option to go for 1 year of pgwp and apply in CIC for pr or should I take another course to get 3 years work permit?

please help me with it.

Thanks

Last edited:

Joshua567

Jun 21, 2021
Hello,
I dont know if someone is here anymore or not but I need to ask you this, I somehow have a 16 months pgwp after a 12 months of study, so is it possible for me to apply for CEC under express entry? As I have 4 months after that.

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hello,
I dont know if someone is here anymore or not but I need to ask you this, I somehow have a 16 months pgwp after a 12 months of study, so is it possible for me to apply for CEC under express entry? As I have 4 months after that.
Hey Joshua,

Good to know you've got 16 months of PGWP. As for CEC, yes if you expect your score to be enough for an ITA, go for it, and don't worry about processing time, because you may be eligible for a temporary BOWP if you've submitted a complete PR application, to work while your application is processed.

What programme did you do, and could you share with us your experience of applying for PGWP (did you submit a letter of explanation etc)?