+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past Misrepresentation

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi Everybody, I'm trying to advice a friend and I need your ideas too.

If you apply for a study permit and exclude that you have been refused visa before although you have (or any other relevant information) but CIC goes ahead to approve your visa. Will CIC charge you with Misrepresentation if you mention it in your new application for Permanent Residence? If so, is there a way to prevent such Misrepresentation?

Reactions: lauraeph

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Everybody, I'm trying to advice a friend and I need your ideas too.

If you apply for a study permit and exclude that you have been refused visa before although you have (or any other relevant information) but CIC goes ahead to approve your visa. Will CIC charge you with Misrepresentation if you mention it in your new application for Permanent Residence? If so, is there a way to prevent such Misrepresentation?
Not mentioning it is definitely misrepresentation.
Should be honest in application. He/she will of course be asked for more details, but definitely not worse than hiding it, and it's not an issue as long as the visa refusal wasn't due to a reason that would render him/her inadmissible to Canada (Criminal history, etc...).
You need to remind him/her of the risks of misrepresentation. Immediate refusal, and ban from Canada for 5 to 10 years. Plus, with the new biometrics requirements, checks can go deeper than usual.