+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past criminal record, but cleared. What will PCC report say ?

Aug 14, 2020
Hi All,

I'd one false case registered against me 20yrs back in India. Never went to prison, got bail from court on the 1st day itself. I fought the case for 12 long years and was finally acquitted by court of all charges. Thereafter I traveled to many countries on deputation from my company, but recently I observed that the Immigration Office at Indian Airport questions me a lot when I try to fly out of India. When asked, one officer told me that I'm on a watch request, but they allow me to travel after questioning and checking all relevant documents.

Long story short, I'm applying for Canada PR now and need to apply for PCC from BLS office. a) What will the PCC say in this case? Has anybody faced any adverse PCC report although being absolved of all charges ? b) how much is the processing time to get PCC done from BLS office. Please suggest.

Furri.6

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
India
Hi All,

I'd one false case registered against me 20yrs back in India. Never went to prison, got bail from court on the 1st day itself. I fought the case for 12 long years and was finally acquitted by court of all charges. Thereafter I traveled to many countries on deputation from my company, but recently I observed that the Immigration Office at Indian Airport questions me a lot when I try to fly out of India. When asked, one officer told me that I'm on a watch request, but they allow me to travel after questioning and checking all relevant documents.

Long story short, I'm applying for Canada PR now and need to apply for PCC from BLS office. a) What will the PCC say in this case? Has anybody faced any adverse PCC report although being absolved of all charges ? b) how much is the processing time to get PCC done from BLS office. Please suggest.
I dont have any idea about your first question, but to answer your second question, it usually takes only 1 day for pcc unless police verification is required i.e if your current address is not the same as your permanent address, then it would require a police verification and may take upto 15 days.