+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to New Delhi Visa Office NDVO

BestLife104

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Can someone tell me how much time does it take if someone submits their passport through VFS? I have already resigned from my job and now I am feeling anxious :(

zeus1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

I submitted my passport at VFS New Delhi on April 02, 2018. The Passport reached Canada Visa Office, New Delhi on April 03, 2018 and is under process since then.

Can someone please help me understand by when can I expect my passport? Any idea about the current passport stamping/ processing timelines?

Thanks and Regards.

BestLife104

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted my passport at VFS New Delhi on April 02, 2018. The Passport reached Canada Visa Office, New Delhi on April 03, 2018 and is under process since then.

Can someone please help me understand by when can I expect my passport? Any idea about the current passport stamping/ processing timelines?

Thanks and Regards.
I submitted my passport on the 2nd of April as well and I received my COPR today.

Reactions: zeus1990

zeus1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
I submitted my passport on the 2nd of April as well and I received my COPR today.
Thank you for reverting. I hope I receive my COPR at the earliest as well, fingers crossed.

What is your AOR and date of PPR?

And did you collect your passport in-person, or you opted for passport delivery?

Reactions: BestLife104

BestLife104

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Thank you for reverting. I hope I receive my COPR at the earliest as well, fingers crossed.

What is your AOR and date of PPR?

And did you collect your passport in-person, or you opted for passport delivery?
AOR 26th Nov
PPR 28th Mar

I had it delivered, since the guy at VFS office told me that I should opt for delivery to obtain COPR faster. Also, I applied from VFS Chennai.

Reactions: zeus1990

zeus1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
AOR 26th Nov
PPR 28th Mar

I had it delivered, since the guy at VFS office told me that I should opt for delivery to obtain COPR faster. Also, I applied from VFS Chennai.
That’s strange, anyway I hope to get my passport back soon.

Did you receive any confirmation email from CIC/IRCC or Visa office New Delhi that your passport is processed and is ready for despatch or was this updated to you by VFS?

nemako

Mar 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
I had sent my passports to NDVO via VFS Bangalore on 29th March. Its still under processing in NDVO since 3rd April.
Any idea how long it takes for the visa stamping?

AOR - 5th May 2017
PPR - 27th Mar 2018 & 28th Mar 2018(Received two PPR mails from NDVO)
Medicals due by Jan 2019

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
That’s strange, anyway I hope to get my passport back soon.

Did you receive any confirmation email from CIC/IRCC or Visa office New Delhi that your passport is processed and is ready for despatch or was this updated to you by VFS?
Hello!
Did you get your passport back? If so, when ? I opted for collecting in person. Submitted on 13th.
Thanks in adv!

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
I had sent my passports to NDVO via VFS Bangalore on 29th March. Its still under processing in NDVO since 3rd April.
Any idea how long it takes for the visa stamping?

AOR - 5th May 2017
PPR - 27th Mar 2018 & 28th Mar 2018(Received two PPR mails from NDVO)
Medicals due by Jan 2019
Hello ,
Do you have an update ?

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Passport submitted to VFS Ahmedabad- 10 April
Passport dispatched from Canada Visa Office- 18 April
Passport collected from VFS center - 20 April

I never received any updates over the email or SMS except for the day on which I submitted the PP to VFS . Had to rely on 'track your application' form on their website.

Reactions: RWDJ

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
Passport submitted to VFS Ahmedabad- 10 April
Passport dispatched from Canada Visa Office- 18 April
Passport collected from VFS center - 20 April

I never received any updates over the email or SMS except for the day on which I submitted the PP to VFS . Had to rely on 'track your application' form on their website.
Hello,
Congratulations!
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but would ur PP be sent to New Delhi visa office from VFS Ahmedabad, for the copr and visa ?
Is there any kind of review or checks that happen at the visa office ? I mean, once you get PPR, it means its almost approved right ? Then why is it that some people get their passports back in 3 days and some in 3 weeks ?
Thanks in adv !

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello,
Congratulations!
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but would ur PP be sent to New Delhi visa office from VFS Ahmedabad, for the copr and visa ?
Is there any kind of review or checks that happen at the visa office ? I mean, once you get PPR, it means its almost approved right ? Then why is it that some people get their passports back in 3 days and some in 3 weeks ?
Thanks in adv !
Yes, they do verification in some cases. I got a call from SGVO regarding my marriage and the accompanying family members. So it was kinda another BGC, but eventually got our COPR and visa stamped.

As for your other question why some get it in 3 days, others 3 weeks. It is also the same as the EE processing, some get the PPR in 3 weeks, others in 3 months or 3 years :eek: No one really knows how they process our applications.

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hello,
Congratulations!
Thanks in adv !
Yes, they send it to Canada Visa Office (New Delhi) for visa stamping and COPR. As far as background check is concerned, I am not very much aware of it. As I wasn't getting any updates over emails and SMS, I had called customer support of VFS. The customer care person said VO needs some time to take decision. I kind of freaked out on hearing this. I asked him further what do you exactly mean by decision, to which he said they need to determine the expiry of visa depending on the expiry of the medicals. I was bit relieved on hearing this. If your CIC account status says approved then you need not worry.

In my case, it took almost 16 months to get PPR and I was asked to retake medical exams in March. Thankfully, COPR didn't take that long ☺

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hello,
Congratulations!
Thanks in adv !
Thank you