LANDING EXPERIENCE

RFP: August 31 2017
Passport sent : September 4th
Passport received: September 5th
Approved in CIC: October 10th
Passports received: October 12th
Landed : October 17th.

Landed at 1000 island bridge.
We drove to US side. They took mine and my husband's passports and asked us to park.
An office took they keys and guided us towards the office.

US border agency officer asked, why did we came to the US, and we shared that we want to land in Canada. He gave us a white paper which states refused to enter.

We turned around and gone to Canada side, where immigration officer asked us if we have food, pets etc. in the car....and let us go.
we parked behind the CBSA building and went to the immigration desk.
The immigration officer was friendly and did the procedure in 10 minutes and congratulated us.

This was fairly easy than what I have thought.

Good luck to the upcoming landings.

MayAORWaiting

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Not yet! After lot of calls to CIC, I was told that the FedEx guys did not include proper documents. And today I received a message that they finally located my passport and they need new photos and within 7 days I should send them. I had send them the photos in the format they wanted, but it seems, they are not correct! I had visited a studio that said they specialize in photos for Canada immigration and charged $100+ for 3 of us! Not sure how I am going to get this done now. Any suggestions please. This is now URGENT :(
Hi @novatraveller, my spouse's situation is similar to yours I was told his passport is not yet sent and this is all they can see/verify on file, it is over a week now. I emailed CIC and no reply as of now, upon speaking to an agent she said she is sending a note to the visa office mentioning the issue. would you be able to tell how often did you call them? Does calling them everyday helps or should I just wait for their message?
Also, how long did it take for them to locate back your passport and to send you a message with an update?

pthumati

Aug 25, 2017

Hi, i wanted to ask. I got copr back there are two copies but only one has my picture is that fine? Or does it mean one pic got rejected
my rep told me, one copy with photo will take the officer and one without photo will be given to you once landing completed.

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Hi Friends,

Just got Approved Status

PPR: 26th Sept 2017
Passport Sent 27th Sept 2017
PP Delivered: 28th Sept, 2017
MyCIC Status Approved: 18th Oct 2017
Canada Post Tracker Activation: Waiting

Thank you friends for wishing me good luck and best wishes for you all to complete the procedure

Last edited:
Reactions: Inuktun

carolcai

Mar 15, 2017
Hi Guys,

PPR: Sep 26
PP sent: Sep 27
PP delivered: Sep 28
Application approved: Oct 16
Tracker activated: Oct 17
PP received: Oct 18 ( says on Canada Post website that item delivered around 13:39, still at work, but should be holding it in a few hours)

Going to Peace Bridge for landing first thing in the morning tomorrow. Wish everyone here of good luck!!!

glk

Mar 4, 2017
PPR on Oct 6
Sent on Oct 7
Received in Ottawa on Oct 10
Sent to the printing room on Oct 13

Any idea when I will get my passport back? Many thanks in advance for your reply

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Approx: Approval by 27th Oct. Tracker activation by 30th/31st Oct
PPR on Oct 6
Sent on Oct 7
Received in Ottawa on Oct 10
Sent to the printing room on Oct 13

Any idea when I will get my passport back? Many thanks in advance for your reply
I believe the people whose Passports got delivered on 28 and 29 Sep to Ottawa are getting approvals now. So ya tentatively around the end of this month. Chk this https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker and if possible register there you can track yourself.

Reactions: btoronto and glk

Slimmy1

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
May 6
Passport Req..
Sept 25,2017
Hi Guys,

PPR: Sep 26
PP sent: Sep 27
PP delivered: Sep 28
Application approved: Oct 16
Tracker activated: Oct 17
PP received: Oct 18 ( says on Canada Post website that item delivered around 13:39, still at work, but should be holding it in a few hours)

Going to Peace Bridge for landing first thing in the morning tomorrow. Wish everyone here of good luck!!!
Do you know what time your passport was processsed to be sent out by Canada post yesterday?

novatraveller

Oct 11, 2017
Hi @novatraveller, my spouse's situation is similar to yours I was told his passport is not yet sent and this is all they can see/verify on file, it is over a week now. I emailed CIC and no reply as of now, upon speaking to an agent she said she is sending a note to the visa office mentioning the issue. would you be able to tell how often did you call them? Does calling them everyday helps or should I just wait for their message?
Also, how long did it take for them to locate back your passport and to send you a message with an update?
Just wait for the response back from the visa office. They will respond but a bit slow. I called them thrice in last 2 weeks. They respond very nicely and give you the feedback that they have. If it is more than a week and you did not get a response, please call them otherwise they are going to tell you the same - Waiting for response from Visa officer.

novatraveller

Oct 11, 2017
You are supposed to include the Customs Declaration, people at Fedex store might help you do it so I am confused regarding your comment. Regarding photos: Check to see what dimensions you sent, I realized that studio/printing people may say that is the size but they were wrong but thankfully I caught it before sending.
Thanks mate, the FedEx related issue is resolved. I provided all the 7 pages (including commercial declaration). Regarding the photos, I was initially duped by one of the professional photo studios here. However, today I got the right photos sent to CIC. I hope & pray everything goes well from here.