Passports to CPC Ottawa- Sep 2017

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
PPR sep 26
Passport sent : sep 27
Passport delivered: 28 sep
Cic application approved : waiting
Passport return waiting
I sent my passport on 26th SEPT and received by CIC on 27th SEPT. When I called the cic number the person told me that the officer opened my passport on 2nd OCT. so you know the timeline. I have not heard anything back from them yet. The CIC call centre person told me that I should hear back by 17th OCT or so.
So you know.

novatraveller

Oct 11, 2017
Reposting again

Hello All,

I am a new member to this group. I need your guidance with my situation. I have applied for PR under FSW Express Entry and my application is approved on Sept 21st 2017 (PPR date was August 18th).

When I called up customer care during the last week of September, I was told my application is approved and it's queued for dispatching since Sept 21st.

During first week of October, I saw the status was updated to approved on CIC website as "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." There was no message to check though.

Also, the documents section has our passports listed with dates that they are valid up to. The status says 'The documents are valid'.

As we have not received our passports till date, I called up customer service and I was told that the passports were sent on October 5th 2017.

My return tracker is not active (I have been checking my return tracker everyday). So far my FedEx account is not charged and when I called FedEx they said there is no activity on my account.

Can you guys help me understand if passports are dispatched, will there be a status update on CIC website, like passport dispatched or something similar.

Appreciate your guidance here.

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Reposting again

Hello All,

I am a new member to this group. I need your guidance with my situation. I have applied for PR under FSW Express Entry and my application is approved on Sept 21st 2017 (PPR date was August 18th).

When I called up customer care during the last week of September, I was told my application is approved and it's queued for dispatching since Sept 21st.

During first week of October, I saw the status was updated to approved on CIC website as "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." There was no message to check though.

Also, the documents section has our passports listed with dates that they are valid up to. The status says 'The documents are valid'.

As we have not received our passports till date, I called up customer service and I was told that the passports were sent on October 5th 2017.

My return tracker is not active (I have been checking my return tracker everyday). So far my FedEx account is not charged and when I called FedEx they said there is no activity on my account.

Can you guys help me understand if passports are dispatched, will there be a status update on CIC website, like passport dispatched or something similar.

As far as I know the last update on the CIC website is when the application is approved. After that your tracking should get activated.
I'm not sure how FedEx works since I have always used Canada Post.
Let's see if someone else replies

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Reposting again

Hello All,

Disclaimer: Not an expert.

It is mentioned in PPR that if they are unable to send the documents via FEDEX, they will send it via regular mail. So they may be right that your passport was sent on 5th october. You must ask them if they used the FEDEX envelope you provided or sent it via regular mail.

Apurv7164

Aug 1, 2017
FSWO
Country of Residence: USA
Citizenship: Indian
Visa office: Ottawa

PPR: Sep 15th ( only email, no CIC update )
Passports sent: 21st Sep
Passports delivered: 22nd Sep
Status Approval: Waiting....
Tracker activated: Waiting.....

novatraveller

Oct 11, 2017
Disclaimer: Not an expert.

It is mentioned in PPR that if they are unable to send the documents via FEDEX, they will send it via regular mail. So they may be right that your passport was sent on 5th october. You must ask them if they used the FEDEX envelope you provided or sent it via regular mail.
Thank you for the response. I have sent the passports from US. Do you think the above statement would be true for me.

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Thank you for the response. I have sent the passports from US. Do you think the above statement would be true for me.
Ideally, if they have sent through fedex, the tracker should have been activated . Fedex will charge the account only after delivery.

Probably, you have missed the customs invoice documents or something in the return label(return label printed at fedex is a bundle of 5-8 pages, not just a single address page). Another applicant had this issue but CIC emailed the applicant to provide scan copies after which they mailed using fedex.
Sometimes, the package may get stuck for customs clearance in US, you need to contact fedex in this regard.

Please call CIC and ask them how your passports were shipped and do mention that fedex tracker did not get activated.

Reactions: novatraveller

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hey guys, my timeline:

Stream: FSWO
PPR Date: 18 sept
Passport Sent Date: 20 sept
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 21 sept
CPC Passport Received by Agent Date:Not sure
CPC Approved and Visa Stamped Date: 10 oct
Return Tracker Activated Date:11 oct
COPR/Passport received: 12 oct

hope you all get to your destinations soon. All the best.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys, my timeline:

Congrats!

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Hey guys, my timeline:

Congrats!

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hey guys, my timeline:

Congratulations! :)

Reactions: J-chy

Sandycool

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
PPR sep 28, 2017
Passport sent : 1st October, 2017
Passport delivered: 4TH oCTOBER, 2017
Cic application approved : waiting
Passport return waiting

How long I have to wait to get my passport back..?? Anyone..??