Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Here is my timeline:
PR: September 15, 2017
Passport Sent: September 20, 2017
Passport received: September 22, 2017

Since then I am waiting on that and there is no change in the application status.

pthumati

Aug 25, 2017
I landed yesterday at Rainbow bridge around 9 pm. We are inland applicants and we did flagpole. When we returned, the officer said they already received the maximum number of landing applicants for that day and recommend us to go to another bridge or book an appointment. Then, he allowed us to go and talk to someone inside the immigration. Then, we talked to head of the department and he explained the same thing and gave other options to land. We were almost ready to come back and luckily there was another officer said that he can do it for us and the process took only 15-20 mins. I think it was a gamble and we were merely lucky. The officer confirmed that they would not process any flagpole applicants from Fri-Mon. If you want to go here on Tue-Thurs, go early, otherwise, you are taking a big gamble. This is valid only for inland applicants who do flagpole, if you are outland applicant coming from the US, they are obliged to serve you.
Hi Guys, Can some help me to understand what is meaning of flagpole ?

Thanks,Praveen

nufern

Mar 8, 2017
Hi Guys, Can some help me to understand what is meaning of flagpole ?

Thanks,Praveen
You go to the US border and tell that you do not want to go to the US but want to return to Canada. Then they will return you to Canada. This is called the flagpole. What you need to tell the US border is that you want to flagpole for PR landing and they know what it is.

jehan0401

Mar 2, 2017
Waterloo
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Stream: CEC
Passport Sent Date:
Sep 18th
Passport Delivered Date: Sep 20th
Passport Received by Agent: Sep 22st
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved:
Oct 6
Return Tracker Activated Date:

Passport Received: anticipated:

pthumati

Aug 25, 2017
You go to the US border and tell that you do not want to go to the US but want to return to Canada. Then they will return you to Canada. This is called the flagpole. What you need to tell the US border is that you want to flagpole for PR landing and they know what it is.
Thank you sir.

vik1406

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stream: CEC
Passport Sent Date:
Sep 18th
Passport Delivered Date: Sep 20th
Passport Received by Agent: Sep 22st
Oct 6
Passport Received:
anticipated:
We both have same timelines regarding PPR. Mine PP was also received by them on Sep 22nd. But still no update in my account.

jehan0401

Mar 2, 2017
Waterloo
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
We both have same timelines regarding PPR. Mine PP was also received by them on Sep 22nd. But still no update in my account.
Don't worry. It will be approved soon. Just relax and enjoy long weekend :) Have thanksgiving day

Sep 28, 2015
Stream: CEC Inland
Passport Sent Date:
Sep 18th
Passport Delivered Date: Sep 22th
Passport Received by Agent: Don't Know
Oct 6
Waiting
Passport Received: anticipated:Waiting

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
My timeline is following

AOR- 1 July 17
PPR- 22 SEPT 17
PP sent - 26th SEPT 17
PP received by Ottawa- 27th SEPT 17

I spoke to the CIC agent today (6th OCT 2017) and the agent mentioned to me that the PPs were received on 27th SEPT 17 and the CIC agent received/opened our PPs on 2 OCTOBER 2017. Also she mentioned to me that " I should hear back from CIC by 17th OCT 2017" and if dont hear from them I should call them back.

My question is "what does it mean by CIC agent opened/received my PP?"
Also " what does it mean when she told me I should hear back from CIC by 17th OCT 2017?"

Any reply will be appreciated.
Thanks

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
My timeline is following

AOR- 1 July 17
PPR- 22 SEPT 17
PP sent - 26th SEPT 17
PP received by Ottawa- 27th SEPT 17

I spoke to the CIC agent today (6th OCT 2017) and the agent mentioned to me that the PPs were received on 27th SEPT 17 and the CIC agent received/opened our PPs on 2 OCTOBER 2017. Also she mentioned to me that " I should hear back from CIC by 17th OCT 2017" and if dont hear from them I should call them back.

My question is "what does it mean by CIC agent opened/received my PP?"
Also " what does it mean when she told me I should hear back from CIC by 17th OCT 2017?"

Any reply will be appreciated.
Thanks
I guess October 2 is the date when they opened the package and sent your passport to the printing room

Last edited:

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
I guess October 2 is the date when they opened the package and sent your passport to the printing room
Thanks for your reply.

Do you or anyone know how long it takes from the time the passport was sent into the printing room to dispatch?
Thank you.