+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Sep 2017

varunreddy32

Oct 3, 2017
i spoke with cic customer service now and they said only when the passport is ready for delivery then only it will be in the system not sure how you guys where able to say ' received by agent ' can some one help on this please

Reactions: kalpan

Iprabhjot

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
13-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-10-2017
i spoke with cic customer service now and they said only when the passport is ready for delivery then only it will be in the system not sure how you guys where able to say ' received by agent ' can some one help on this please
Did they told you that they have your passport ?

Juliia

Sep 29, 2017
Friends, I haven't heard anything from CIC, if I call they ask me to patient and say that passport is in print room since last 20 days.
My work permit is expiring on October 21st.
Ottawa IRCC office do landing on Oct 10th and then Oct 24. If I miss Oct 10, I will have expired status when I reach Oct 24.
Also, I don't have US visa to go on a land border. It is so stressful.

PPR Date: 31 Aug
Passport Sent Date: 3 Sep
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 5 Sep
CPC Passport Received by Agent Date: 8 Sep
CPC Approved: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting...
Passports Received: Waiting
You don't need US visa to do flag pole. Last week my friend did a flag pole at Sarnia Blue Water Bridge without US visa. When you will cross the border towards USA, just explain to american officer that you are doing flag poling because you need to do landing for your permanent residency. He will refuse your entry to USA and with that paper you re enter Canada and do landing. Also, my friend double check with the officer that this situation will not affect getting US visa. He told no, but it will be better if you will mention it to the officer at the USA embassy that you have done flag pole.

Reactions: ekramece

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Just called them and passports were sent to printing room on October 2nd. When can I expect back? Any Idea friends?

Iprabhjot

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
13-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-10-2017
Just called them and passports were sent to printing room on October 2nd. When can I expect back? Any Idea friends?
October 16 probably

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Just an update on my case. I went to the Fedex local store and got the commercial invoice from the staff. I emailed the electronic invoice along with the original return shipping label to CPC. I did not hear from them any more but my return tracker was activated the next day September 28th Thursday. My package was delivered to me on Monday October 2nd.

Hope this helps if other people encounter the same situation.
When you say return tracker was activated, I am assuming you could track the shipment on FedEx website. Correct?

The reason i ask is because my application status changed yesterday 10/3 but i have not seen any movement on my return label yet.

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Stream: FSW Inland
PPR Date: 11 Sep
Passport Sent Date: 13 Sep
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 15 Sep
CPC Passport Received by Agent Date: 19 Sep
CPC Approved: 29 Sep
Return Tracker Activated Date: 03 Oct
Passports delivered... 04 Oct

Thanks for all your support and updates...!!
Congratulations!!!

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, this forum is really helpful.

I just have a quick question. If you are not part of 'Provincial Nominee Program', are there any restrictions as to which province you can move to?

For eg - If your application is approved but did not receive a nomination by a province or territory can you move to Vancouver (British Colombia)?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know you are allowed to move to any province if you are not a PNP nominee.
However, note that for your landing procedure there is a restriction on landing in the province of Quebec as this province requires that you have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection. If you don’t, and you attempt to do your landing there you should be prepared to prove your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec. So better to avoid Quebec landing in my opinion.
Bottom line, once you complete landing you are free to move about/settle wherever you choose to.

Reactions: LalluBhaiya

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
As far as I know you are allowed to move to any province if you are not a PNP nominee.
However, note that for your landing procedure there is a restriction on landing in the province of Quebec as this province requires that you have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection. If you don’t, and you attempt to do your landing there you should be prepared to prove your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec. So better to avoid Quebec landing in my opinion.
Bottom line, once you complete landing you are free to move about/settle wherever you choose to.
Seems like quebec is a pain in the a.. province :), trying to be different then other provinces

Adrian2016

Nov 22, 2016
Hi Folks, I have 2 questions just to confirm:
1. What's the phone number we can call about the passports? I've seen a lot of people saying they called but I couldn't find the number...
2. Is it normal that the passport was requested by email and MyCIC still shows "Background check in progress"?

Thanks for all who cares enough to reply!