+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Sep 2017

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Your friend can mail the pr to you I think.
Btw I am in same boat, working in USA so far, plan to go there and come back immed
How long do u intend to stay in Canada? What will be your port of entry? I was thinking of driving from Detroit.

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
I read somewhere that flag-poling only works from Tuesday to Thursday. But what if I actually enter the US and come back to Canada? Does it mean I can activate the COPR during the weekend or on Monday or Friday?

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I read somewhere that flag-poling only works from Tuesday to Thursday. But what if I actually enter the US and come back to Canada? Does it mean I can activate the COPR during the weekend or on Monday or Friday?
Should work irrespective of the day, I think what you may be referring to is some people having to wait for a long time at Niagara crossings during weekend tourist traffic peak hours, so they were suggesting to go on the weekdays. If you go to a crossing point that is not very touristy you shouldn't have a problem unless they specifically say no landing application candidates.

Reactions: axolotl

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Thanks for your reply. What all documents are considered as landing papers?
Once you get the COPR --> Do landing via air/land/sea & give Canada address for PR card mailing --> You can either ask your friend to courier you the PR card (or) you can use the same COPR and cross back into Canada again via land crossing in your personal/rental vehicle. Public transport won't work because you will probably be required to present PR card to bus/train/flight staff, however, at the land crossings border agents will know what COPR is and let you through.

COPR = Certificate of Permanent Residence that they will send you after confirming your PR

WIth regards to your Canada visit visa, it is my understanding that COPR will supersede the visiting visa because it has more privileges than the visit visa, however, I am not very sure on this so do your own research.

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Should work irrespective of the day, I think what you may be referring to is some people having to wait for a long time at Niagara crossings during weekend tourist traffic peak hours, so they were suggesting to go on the weekdays. If you go to a crossing point that is not very touristy you shouldn't have a problem unless they specifically say no landing application candidates.
Thanks! Where can I find the information regarding the last point?

Iprabhjot

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
13-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-10-2017
Anyone got their status changed to approved today so far ?

Iprabhjot

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
13-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-10-2017
Not me. It's getting agonizing now. Started the whole PR thing in march this year. Still not done yet.

Maybe all good things must wait. US GC takes years.
I see you passport was received on 25th, do you happen to know when was it received by agent ?

Iprabhjot

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
13-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-10-2017
No, I don't know. How can I find that out? Would be of great help.
You need to call CIC and ask them when did they receive your passport ? Do you have the number

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Stream: FSWO
Passport Sent Date:
Sep 18th
Passport Delivered Date: Sep 19th
Passport Received by Agent: Sep 21st
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Oct 3rd
Return Tracker Activated Date:
waiting
Passport Received: waiting

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
No. I couldn't find a number I could call. Plz share.
I sent a mail yesterday to ottawa CPC. No reply yet.
I got the below reply via email:

"Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly. We are currently experiencing a high volume of mail intake and we cannot confirm how long this process will take.

Your documents will be returned using the envelope that you provided. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery online.

We thank you for your patience.
*Due to a higher than normal volume of emails recently, we ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.*"

:). I guess I will have to call them next week then.
@lprabhjot: Thanks for the number.