+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Sep 2017

Sapant

Nov 5, 2016
Does anyone know if CIC process your passport fast if you have travel plans and you submit a proof of travel plan along with passport?

In the email they say.. put prepaid xpresspost envelope. Can I put priority envelope instead?

chawla.kanu

Apr 30, 2015
Does anyone know if CIC process your passport fast if you have travel plans and you submit a proof of travel plan along with passport?

In the email they say.. put prepaid xpresspost envelope. Can I put priority envelope instead?
Not sure friend...

Also is there any way to upgrade the post from xpresspost to priority one? My application is approved yesterday but the tracker have not been activated yet ..
I have my flight on 5th oct so little bit worried...
How long CIC will take to handover the passports to canada post, as my application is approved yesterday around 1:30 PM EDT, so they usually handover on the same day or it might be delayed as it was Friday ?
Any help will be appreciated...!!

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Don't worry. It happens.
For all the international mails there are separate forms and commercial invoice to be sent along with mail. All of these (around 5- 7 pages) has to be put on the envelope. This is required for custom formalities. I used fedex and they have INTERNATIONAL mailing sleeves in which I have put all the documents, shipping label at the top and stick it on the return envelop.

Ask them if you can send them the soft copy through email which they can print out. If yes then get the label done from online account (from whichever courier service you are using) and send all the pages as an attachment. and If not then send the return envelop to them in new mail. make sure you put your express entry account number on the top so it will be easy for them to locate your details.

Keep posted here about how it all went so that others can benefit too.
Hi,

I guess this process applies only for people who are currently in Canada & submitting their passports within Canada. Right ?

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
FSW - O || NOC 0124
Passport Delivered/COPR: Sept 28, 2017
Return Tracker activated (FedEx): Sept 27, 2017
Application Approved - Sept 23, 2017
PPR - Sept 1, 2017
IP2 - August 31, 2017
NA - August 31, 2017
IP1 - August 3, 2017
Medical Passed: August 3, 2017
AOR - July 24, 2017
ITA - May 17th
HI,

Can you pls explain to me what is "Return Tracker activated (FedEx): Sept 27, 2017" means ? In my PPR mail, I was told to submit my passport, letter mail & 2 photos to New Delhi through Passport Transmission Service. Will my PR visa be stamped at New Delhi & sent back to my local address or does my passport go to Ottawa for processing ? Reading threads on shipping label, tracker activated etc is confusing me in case I am missing any important step in the process. Pls clarify. Thanks.

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi friends, I got my "Ready for Visa" mail & told to submit my passport, photos & letter email to local VFS center who will then send it to New Delhi VO. I just want to know the further process. Will NDVO issue me COPR & PR visa on my passport and send it back to my local VFS center or will my passport go to CPC- Ottawa for processing? I am not enclosing any - A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post. i guess this is particularly for people who are submitting within Canada. Pls explain. Thanks.

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
HI,

Can you pls explain to me what is "Return Tracker activated (FedEx): Sept 27, 2017" means ? In my PPR mail, I was told to submit my passport, letter mail & 2 photos to New Delhi through Passport Transmission Service. Will my PR visa be stamped at New Delhi & sent back to my local address or does my passport go to Ottawa for processing ? Reading threads on shipping label, tracker activated etc is confusing me in case I am missing any important step in the process. Pls clarify. Thanks.
Wrong thread. This is for Ottawa, Canada. You need to look for NDVO (New Delhi Visa Office) thread.

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Stream: PNP Paper Based BC
PPR Date: September 01
Passport Sent Date: September 05
Courier Passport Delivered Date: September 07
CPC Passport Received by Agent Date: Sep 121
CPC Approved and Visa Stamped Date: Sep 25
Return Tracker Activated Date: Sept 27 @ 3:08pm
Passports & CoPR received Date : September 29 @ 10:30am
Congratulations!!! Just wondering how would you know "CPC Passport Received by Agent Date", please guide. Thanks!

denizcan91

Jul 16, 2017
Stream: FSWO
PPR Date: August 29th
Passport Sent Date: Sep 6th
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sep 8th

CPC Approved and Visa Stamped Date: Sep 22nd
Return Tracker Activated Date: Sep 27th
Passport Received: Sept 29th /QUOTE]
so thats the timeline for me :) wishing u a good luck with ur process.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Just updating my timeline.

Submitted my PR application on 26 April, and officially become a PR on 26 Sept - in exactly 5 months!

Stream: FSWI
PPR Date: Sep 5th
Passport Sent Date: Sep 7th
Copy of Passport Delivered Date: Sep 11th
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Sep 13th
Return Tracker Activated Date: Sep 19th
COPR Received: Sep 21st
Flagpole (landing procedure): Sep 26th

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Stream: PNP-Inland
PPR Date: Sep 5th
Passport Sent Date: Sep 6th
Copy of Passport Delivered Date: Sep 7th
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Sep 21st
Return Tracker Activated Date: Sep 25th
COPR Received: Sep 26th
Landing (Went over to Buffalo and came back to Canada): Sep 29th

Feels great to officially be a Canadian Permanent Resident!!

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Oh I forgot to mention, I went to Niagara (Rainbow Bridge) to do flag poling around 11:00 AM on Wednesday September 27th, and the Canadian agent told me they were closed for the day, he said it happened the day before.

He suggested I book an appointment, but I'm not waiting two weeks lol. So just giving you guys the heads up if you're gonna do flag poling. If you have an US visa, I suggest just cross the border and come back.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
HI,

Basically it means that carrier has received my passport from visa office and is in transit to get delivered to me.