+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- NOVEMBER 2017

2017applicant

Star Member
May 22, 2017
If you have your applicant number, you can call CIC and check it out, all automated.
Basically, the path is after skip french language 1 1 2 2 application number + # 1 year of birth 1 1
Which number should I call? I tried calling before but am not able to call from the US. It disconnects.

plantplankton

Nov 26, 2017
That is what they told me... The lady was pretty rude. I called them last week as well and then I was told that everything is printed and getting ready to be shipped and supposed to be shipped by Tuesday(which is today). They basically gave me 2 completely different pieces of information...
How did you get an agent to answer the call? I kept getting "We are unable to transfer your call due to huge volume of calls".

ivanns

Dec 4, 2017
UPDATE!

PPR received: Nov 14, 2017
Passport received by CIC: Nov 17, 2017
Approved: Dec 12, 2017
Return Tracker: Not yet activated

Here's hoping it activates this evening, as we are set to fly out on Friday 15th.

Thanks everyone for updates, info and advice.

Update on my situation:

Yesterday morning, I managed to get through to an agent over the phone, and they indicated that my application was forwarded for printing on December 1st, and that there is only one more document left to be printed.

There is still no update for me on MyCIC however, so I'm hopeful the rest of this process is fast, as we are due to depart on Friday 15th.

Reactions: Tomi2

kakaly

Nov 17, 2017
How did you get an agent to answer the call? I kept getting "We are unable to transfer your call due to huge volume of calls".
I tried calling them at 7PM their local time and I got connected after 45 min wait time. I beleive they're working overtime this month.

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017

sharmajikabeta

Oct 30, 2017
FSW-O candidate (Current residence : USA, Passport country : India)
PPR Date: 1 Nov
Passport Sent Date: 6 Nov
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 7 Nov
CIC Approved Date: 4 Dec
Return Tracker Activated Date: 11 Dec, 6PM Ottawa Time
PP and COPR Received Date (Ottawa to California) : 12 Dec.

End of a long process... next phase in 2018 with Canada landing (before expiry of PR)!

All the best everyone ... Keep the faith and be patient.. Things are slow just because of backlog, otherwise I think Express Entry is the world's smoothest skill based immigration process.. Salute to the Government of Canada and Immigration department.

nilesh2016

May 14, 2017
Anybody from Nov 10 received
Has got approval updates?
I spoke to an agent today, according to him they are pushing to get most of done by 25 th December
Hope if someone is in urgency will get theirs in time......
I had to postpone my flight even after requesting them for a speedy process !!!

ck85

Apr 9, 2013
FSW-O candidate (Current residence : USA, Passport country : India)
PPR Date: 1 Nov
Passport Sent Date: 6 Nov
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 7 Nov
CIC Approved Date: 4 Dec
Return Tracker Activated Date: 11 Dec, 6PM Ottawa Time
PP and COPR Received Date (Ottawa to California) : 12 Dec.

End of a long process... next phase in 2018 with Canada landing (before expiry of PR)!

All the best everyone ... Keep the faith and be patient.. Things are slow just because of backlog, otherwise I think Express Entry is the world's smoothest skill based immigration process.. Salute to the Government of Canada and Immigration department.
Congrats man ! What is the courier service you used ? Also, how do you know when a return tracker is activated ? Thanks for your help.

sharmajikabeta

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats man ! What is the courier service you used ? Also, how do you know when a return tracker is activated ? Thanks for your help.
Thanks!

I used FedEx International Priority.. takes 1 day to deliver from Ottawa to anywhere in the US.

When you login into your FedEx account, you can check the tracking ID of the return shipment label which you would have sent along with your passport & return envelope post PPR for stamping process. After I got an approved status in CIC account, it took 7 days for tracker activation.

All the best.

ivanns

Dec 4, 2017
For those whose trackers were activated for inland delivery with CanadaPost Xpresspost:

1. What was the first item in the tracker log? Was it at a sorting facility, or actual pick-up?
2. What times were the trackers activated? I hear sometimes they only appear later in the evening.

Any info helps. Thanks!

Reactions: Padispoint

ck85

Apr 9, 2013
Thanks!

I used FedEx International Priority.. takes 1 day to deliver from Ottawa to anywhere in the US.

When you login into your FedEx account, you can check the tracking ID of the return shipment label which you would have sent along with your passport & return envelope post PPR for stamping process. After I got an approved status in CIC account, it took 7 days for tracker activation.

All the best.
Thanks for the quick reply !

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017