+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - May 2018

LakiC

Apr 3, 2018
Hello guys, I need some help about sending my passports to Ottawa.
Recently, I have received a CPCO Final request mail for my PR, where they are asking me to send my passport, and also the passport for my daughter and wife, who are accompanying family members. I live and work in Canada and I can send it to Ottawa, but they are still in Europe, and they have never been to Canada. So, should I only send my passport to Ottawa, or should my family first send me their passports from Europe, and than to send them all together? Or there is some different way for them to receive ther PR confirmation and visa from their country?

Thank you

Cesr786

May 31, 2018
Hello guys, I need some help about sending my passports to Ottawa.
Recently, I have received a CPCO Final request mail for my PR, where they are asking me to send my passport, and also the passport for my daughter and wife, who are accompanying family members. I live and work in Canada and I can send it to Ottawa, but they are still in Europe, and they have never been to Canada. So, should I only send my passport to Ottawa, or should my family first send me their passports from Europe, and than to send them all together? Or there is some different way for them to receive ther PR confirmation and visa from their country?

Thank you
There is a different way. Your wife and daughter don't need to send the passport to you here as that is illegal in many countries. Depending upon the country you can email CPC and they will provide you with a local CPC office there in Europe so that you would have to send the passport to CPC Ottawa and they would have to send it to a local CPC office in Europe. Once they get the passport stamped they can land in Canada and as soon as they land at the airport their process for PR card will be done by a CBSA officer on the same day.

LakiC

Apr 3, 2018
There is a different way. Your wife and daughter don't need to send the passport to you here as that is illegal in many countries. Depending upon the country you can email CPC and they will provide you with a local CPC office there in Europe so that you would have to send the passport to CPC Ottawa and they would have to send it to a local CPC office in Europe. Once they get the passport stamped they can land in Canada and as soon as they land at the airport their process for PR card will be done by a CBSA officer on the same day.
Thank you for your answer.
So, as I understand, first my family have to send their passport to CPC office in their country, and wait until they give it back stamped. Should they also send any additional documents or letter describing why are they sending only passports or no? And at the same time, I will just send my passport to Ottawa ? Sorry for maybe stupid questions, but I just want to be sure about everything. Thank you

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Thank you for your answer.
So, as I understand, first my family have to send their passport to CPC office in their country, and wait until they give it back stamped. Should they also send any additional documents or letter describing why are they sending only passports or no? And at the same time, I will just send my passport to Ottawa ? Sorry for maybe stupid questions, but I just want to be sure about everything. Thank you
You should first respond to the email address that they have provided you for communication. Let them know what your situation is and they should be able to help. The email has information on what to include in the envelope along with your passports (bar code and application no. page etc.).

LakiC

Apr 3, 2018
You should first respond to the email address that they have provided you for communication. Let them know what your situation is and they should be able to help. The email has information on what to include in the envelope along with your passports (bar code and application no. page etc.).
Ok friend, thank you.

Reactions: explorerCA

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Ok friend, thank you.
Best of luck. I had to send my passport 3 months later because of back to back international travel. I let them know about this and they extended my submission deadline. They're pretty accommodating so please explain to them about your situation clearly and they should be able to help.

Reactions: LakiC

LakiC

Apr 3, 2018
Best of luck. I had to send my passport 3 months later because of back to back international travel. I let them know about this and they extended my submission deadline. They're pretty accommodating so please explain to them about your situation clearly and they should be able to help.
I did as you said my friend, but they still haven't replied.
And after everything, today, I received same type of letter but from Immigration office from Europe (Vienna).
And in this letter they stated that " All passports or photocopies should be submitted at the same time." .
And now I am even more confused how should we achieve that when I am in Canada, and my family in Europe.

Did anyone have same experience ?

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I did as you said my friend, but they still haven't replied.
And after everything, today, I received same type of letter but from Immigration office from Europe (Vienna).
And in this letter they stated that " All passports or photocopies should be submitted at the same time." .
And now I am even more confused how should we achieve that when I am in Canada, and my family in Europe.

Did anyone have same experience ?
I'm so sorry to hear this. Did you email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? That's the one I used. Can your family visit you in Canada? If so, they can come in and then you can probably send all passports together? I'm sorry I don't have any other advice to give.

LakiC

Apr 3, 2018
I'm so sorry to hear this. Did you email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? That's the one I used. Can your family visit you in Canada? If so, they can come in and then you can probably send all passports together? I'm sorry I don't have any other advice to give.
Yes, I wrote them on that e-mail.
They can't visit me because they need visa which is going to be stamped when we send passports. When we find out where :)
I will wait a little bit more for their answer.

Thank you anyway.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hello there,
Can you please advise how did you ask for passport submission extension? I am an inland applicant though and have already booked to travel back home during my usual 30 day submission time.

pinkberries

Nov 19, 2018
Hello,

My family and I received a request to send in a 'copy of our passports' by replying back to the email. I was wondering if this is a normal step in the procedure and how long after the electronic copies are received we would get a PPR. We received two separate emails, one on October 27 for the main applicants (mum and dad), where we replied immediately. And a second email on Oct 29 for the children, which we replied and attached photos immediately. I am assuming they need this for the bio data purposes? I am not sure and really anxious. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello,

My family and I received a request to send in a 'copy of our passports' by replying back to the email. I was wondering if this is a normal step in the procedure and how long after the electronic copies are received we would get a PPR. We received two separate emails, one on October 27 for the main applicants (mum and dad), where we replied immediately. And a second email on Oct 29 for the children, which we replied and attached photos immediately. I am assuming they need this for the bio data purposes? I am not sure and really anxious. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
I would be very suspicious of this type of a mail as it sounds like a phishing scam. IRCC generally does not request documents via email and if required, they will do so via your MY CIC account.

pinkberries

Nov 19, 2018
I would be very suspicious of this type of a mail as it sounds like a phishing scam. IRCC generally does not request documents via email and if required, they will do so via your MY CIC account.
I am certain that it is not a scam email, this is the same email address all communications have been made during the entire application process.

My question is mostly this: How long does it typically take to receive PPR once landing fees are paid? It has been 3 months and we still did not get the request.