+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa: May 2017

Feb 9, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Starting this thread for folks who've sent their passports to CPC Ottawa in May 2017 for PR Visa stamping.

My passport was received by CPC Ottawa earlier today (May 10th 2017).

Would appreciate if you all could share your timelines of events/experiences so we can all be informed about what/when to expect.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 9, 2016
PPR - 5th May
Sent PP- 6th May
DELIVERED- 9TH MAY
Still no updates.... :(
Thanks Sagar9386!

Below is my timeline in a similar format...
PPR - 5th May
Sent PP - 6th May
Delivered 10th May (Was supposed to be delivered on 9th... UPS lost track of my package for 24-48 hours... WAS DAMN SCARY!!! :eek: )

Looking at similar posts from Jan - March 2017, PR visa stamping seems to be taking 7-14 days...

Mine will likely take longer since I know my medical has expired since my PR application review started. Once they start the visa issuance process, they'll realize and ask me to get my medical done again. Looks like I can't get it done in advance and have to wait for them to send me the instructions for the same... Delay, Delay, Delay.... :rolleyes:

sagar9386

Apr 25, 2017
I
Thanks Sagar9386!

Below is my timeline in a similar format...
PPR - 5th May
Sent PP - 6th May
Delivered 10th May (Was supposed to be delivered on 9th... UPS lost track of my package for 24-48 hours... WAS DAMN SCARY!!! :eek: )

Looking at similar posts from Jan - March 2017, PR visa stamping seems to be taking 7-14 days...

Mine will likely take longer since I know my medical has expired since my PR application review started. Once they start the visa issuance process, they'll realize and ask me to get my medical done again. Looks like I can't get it done in advance and have to wait for them to send me the instructions for the same... Delay, Delay, Delay.... :rolleyes:
I don't think so that now they will ask for your medical after you submit your passport because as per my knowledge if they are asking for PP then our application is already approved but it just what I think I am not sure about there process.

But lets hope that we will get our PP back soon with stamp...

Just keep me updated whenever you get any update and also keep an eye on the tracker of your return envelope the one which you send with your PP.

:)

Feb 9, 2016
I

I don't think so that now they will ask for your medical after you submit your passport because as per my knowledge if they are asking for PP then our application is already approved but it just what I think I am not sure about there process.

But lets hope that we will get our PP back soon with stamp...

Just keep me updated whenever you get any update and also keep an eye on the tracker of your return envelope the one which you send with your PP.

:)
Based on my research, they don't let non-refugee type applicants enter Canada without a valid medical. So, most likely they'll be asking me to get it done.

I hope they don't send my PP back, and that, the physician is ok doing my medical without the PP (using just my driver's license and a copy of the PP). Given the recent scare with UPS almost losing my PP, I'd hate to have it mailed out back and forth multiple times!!!

Will keep this thread updated with any changes and you let us know too! Good luck!!! :)

KanadaCowboy

Jun 1, 2016
PP sent: April 27
PP Received Ottawa : May 2
Application approved status change online: May 11
Waiting for tracker update to receive passports
Applied from US

Feb 9, 2016
PP sent: April 27
PP Received Ottawa : May 2
Application approved status change online: May 11
Waiting for tracker update to receive passports
Applied from US
Congratulations KanadaCowboy!!! :)

I've also applied from US. Please keep us posted when the tracker gets activated and when it is delivered!

Congrats once again! Would also love to know when you plan on making the landing, which POE, by air/car, etc...

Thanks!

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport sent on 4th May 2017
Delivered on : 5th May at 10:30 am

Present status : waiting

kaykat27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
PPR - May 10th
PP (Copy) Sent - May 11th
PP (Copy) Delivered to Ottawa - May 12th

Called CIC on May 17th and the agent said he didn't see the record of receipt of passport in the system.
I raised a CSE today.

Feb 9, 2016
PPR - May 10th
PP (Copy) Sent - May 11th
PP (Copy) Delivered to Ottawa - May 12th

Called CIC on May 17th and the agent said he didn't see the record of receipt of passport in the system.
I raised a CSE today.
Thanks KayKat27! Hope you get an update soon! My application got approved today. The tracker has not yet been activated. Will share the details by date below and share another update once the tracker is activated/passport is delivered.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Last edited:

kaykat27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Thanks KatyKat27! Hope you get an update soon! My application got approved today. The tracker has not yet been activated. Will share the details by date below and share another update once the tracker is activated/passport is delivered.

Good luck to everyone! :)
Got approved on the Saturday May 20th - which is weird but ain't gonna complain.
Tracker not yet active though.