+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- June 2017

theblastone

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Hi , Has any one sent their passports from USA to Canada for COPR stamping? I have used UPS for courier service and have sent my documents from USA. Return tracker not yet activated and this is the 3rd business day after the COPR approval and counterfoil number generation. Wondering if this is normal timeline.

How much time has it taken for folks in USA to receive your passports back after the online status has changed to Approved and counter foil number generation?

PPR - 21 June
PP Sent - 27 June
PP delivered at CPC-O: 28 June
Application approved: 14 July
Return tracker activated: None
CoPR/PP deliverd : None
I Am also in the U.S and my case got approved on 07/13, tracker still not active.Moreover I have already taken leave, booked tickets and interview for H1b on 2nd August, getting worried now.

theblastone

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Which courier did you send it through (UPS/FedEx)?
Fedex , I went to them yesterday to make sure the account that they created for a return envelope does have a valid credit card linked to it and I was told without that the account creation itself is not possible . So I guess passports are still with CIC.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hi , Has any one sent their passports from USA to Canada for COPR stamping? I have used UPS for courier service and have sent my documents from USA. Return tracker not yet activated and this is the 3rd business day after the COPR approval and counterfoil number generation. Wondering if this is normal timeline.

How much time has it taken for folks in USA to receive your passports back after the online status has changed to Approved and counter foil number generation?

PPR - 21 June
PP Sent - 27 June
PP delivered at CPC-O: 28 June
Application approved: 14 July
Return tracker activated: None
CoPR/PP deliverd : None

It can take awhile... turnaround time a lot longer than it was a couple months ago. I sent mine from US.

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I Am also in the U.S and my case got approved on 07/13, tracker still not active.Moreover I have already taken leave, booked tickets and interview for H1b on 2nd August, getting worried now.
I am also in same situation. I have sent my PP via Fedex from US and it was delivered on 6/30 but haven't got any update yet (not even approved). I also have travel to India on Aug 4th and H1B stamping on Aug 8th. Getting close now.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hi All,
Below is my status:
Passport sent to Ottawa : 21st June
PP recieved by Ottawa: 26th June
Application approved: 10th July
Return Tracker activated : 14th July
PP, COPR recieved : 17th July
Landing : 17th July.

This forum has been very helpful. I would hang around a littel bit and try to answer queries if possible.

vks12

May 9, 2017
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-09-2017
AOR Received.
04-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
Guys, Me too from USA. My passport was delivered on 06/26 and approved on 07/13. I used FedEx. My FedEx account is in use and never had any problems with their service. It's CPC Ottawa which wants to keep our passports forever. Lets keep each other informed.

Linuxaway

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
12-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
As soon as I get my PP back I will go to do my landing at Coutts as well. Could you describe how it was going over there. Was it difficult? I heard many bad stories about Carway. So, I really do not want go there. Thanks
Hi Lehbes & Waleed,
I had very good experience on US & Canada border and they been polite and gentle.
We arrived there around 12PM and spend about 30 minutes with US boarder to get unauthorized entry letter to CBSA then the US office took us to show us the road back to Canada.

On Canadian border the cars queue was longer then spend about one hour inside the building to finish family papers. The officer didn't ask me for any paper or documents and only requested me to trash all old work permits that I have later one.

After that he congratulated us and welcome to Canada then we took our papers and left around 2PM.

I think the feedback on Coutts as I read were very nice and positive.

Please let me know if you need any further details.
Regards,

Reactions: lehbes

samr1234

Apr 23, 2017
My application was delivered on 26th of june. Approved on 13th of July. I did not get my passport after that nor any update . And i think it won't be coming this week aswell. Cic is getting extremely slow.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017

LariChaffin

Feb 8, 2017
Anyone that passport was delivered on June 22nd that did not hear back from them?
It's still not approved. I'm getting worried.
Called last week and they said that it was sent to printing room on Monday July 10th.
Why so slow!?!