+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- June 2017

ud_85

Jul 22, 2015
Landed on Jully 13. Finally PR! Thank you all for the support and help. Landed on Sarnia. Rented a car went to US border. We planned to enter US, the officer directed us to flag pole. That's OK I said, and after 5 minutes on US side (they will ask to leave everything on the Car, including Keys), we are back to Canada. It's a small facility on the Canadian side, not many people waiting (about 6 families), but it took about 2 hours to the officers start processing people (was frustrating I confess). Took us about 2:30 hours to be processed. Not the best, but still good, I guess. If you have the $$, land at an airport, much better treatment. The toll for the bridge is CAD$ 4 each way.

I'm flying to UK on September for a conference, and the Officer assured me for me I could use the CoPR to fly! No need to wait for PR card. I'm confused!

Passport Delivered - June 21, 2017
Approved - July 5, 2017
Tracker Activated - July 13, 2017
COPR and PP Delivered - July 11, 2017
Landed - July 14, 2017

Bro you need to have Permanent resident travel document in order to return to Canada, if you dont have your PR card with you at the time of entering into Canada. I was also planning to travel while my card was in process but CIC call center agent told me that I have to wait for my PR card or i should apply for PRTD from the country where i am going to caz you cannot get it from canada before you leave.

Reactions: Wenwa

Wenwa

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Bro you need to have Permanent resident travel document in order to return to Canada, if you dont have your PR card with you at the time of entering into Canada. I was also planning to travel while my card was in process but CIC call center agent told me that I have to wait for my PR card or i should apply for PRTD from the country where i am going to caz you cannot get it from canada before you leave.
Just wondering, how long does it take to get the PR card?

supreets2

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Finally, after problems with my shipping label o_O, then long delay by CIC :(, and arguing with FedEx due to problems with them delivering my package :mad:, we have received our COPRs :) Timeline below...
Hello Mthornt, did FedEx automatically collected the passport, or was there something you had to do - like somehow create a request to pickup the package?

agland

Jul 7, 2017
Passport Delivered: June 23
Application Approved: July 7
Tracker activated: July 13
Passport delivered: July 14
Landed: July 15

Landed at Thousand Islands around 3:00pm. Smooth - no problems. If we had reached earlier in the day, waiting might have been slightly less. But ours was also quick - whole process took around 1.5 hours.

Reactions: LariChaffin

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hello Mthornt, did FedEx automatically collected the passport, or was there something you had to do - like somehow create a request to pickup the package?

They apparently stop at the Ottawa CIC location on a regular basis to pick up shipments, so I simply created a self addressed label/shipment. I originally sent a UPS label since that is my shipper of choice, but they responded asking me to use their FedEx instructions for return shipment.

Reactions: supreets2

LariChaffin

Feb 8, 2017
Passport Delivered: June 23
Application Approved: July 7
Tracker activated: July 13
Passport delivered: July 14
Landed: July 15

Landed at Thousand Islands around 3:00pm. Smooth - no problems. If we had reached earlier in the day, waiting might have been slightly less. But ours was also quick - whole process took around 1.5 hours.
Great to hear it!
I was planning to do my landing at Thousand Islands during a weekend but I was told that they were not doing it anymore.

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
PPR: 30-JUNE-2017
PP copy Sent: 04-JULY-2017
PP Delivered: 07-JULY-2017
nothing WAITING

sherrill19

Mar 14, 2017
PP delivered: 26th Jun
Approved: 5th Jul
I got email on 14th saying my passport has been shipped, however it will take 1-2 business days for my tracker to be activated. i dont understand why... Using Canada post, Ottawa to Toronto.

SidWalia

May 11, 2017
Anyone who's Application got Approved on 12 July got their Tracker Activated???

Any idea that when would it be Activated?