+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- June 2017

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Landed today at peace bridge. Was fine, took less than 20 minutes! Good luck all
Can you describe your experience in more details? Wonder if could bring my car from america and also if i could convert American driver's license to a Canadian one.

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Can you describe your experience in more details? Wonder if could bring my car from america and also if i could convert American driver's license to a Canadian one.
I crossed the border, told them I was flagpoling, they took my passport to the american office. I followed them in, they called me over and told me to get back in my car and follow him across from the border. I followed him, went in to the canadian office, he signed my docs and I left. No congratulations or anything. It was all quite easy!

Reactions: marcinha and ecekid

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I crossed the border, told them I was flagpoling, they took my passport to the american office. I followed them in, they called me over and told me to get back in my car and follow him across from the border. I followed him, went in to the canadian office, he signed my docs and I left. No congratulations or anything. It was all quite easy!
Did they gave you like a temporary pr card number or something? I heard someone said there is, but not sure.
once you have used the landing visa, you can not re-enter again without pr card or re-entry visa. right?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Did they gave you like a temporary pr card number or something? I heard someone said there is, but not sure.
once you have used the landing visa, you can not re-enter again without pr card or re-entry visa. right?
I got given back my signed CoPR, which has a number on it. However, the copr clearly says 'not valid for travel', you have to wait for the card for that
Cheers,

luckysimsim

Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys, my passport reached Ottawa VO at June 9, still waiting for approval.

Timeline:
PPR: June 5th
Passport sent: June 7th
Passport delivered: June 9th

Waiting ever since....
Hi everyone,

This is just an update of my early post. My application is just approved. Final decision shows "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." No new message sent though.

Can anyone please explain what is a "Counterfoil"? It seems like there's a new section showing along with a document number that I've never seen before.

Thanks in advance :D

N

newtoexpressentry

Hi everyone,

This is just an update of my early post. My application is just approved. Final decision shows "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." No new message sent though.

Can anyone please explain what is a "Counterfoil"? It seems like there's a new section showing along with a document number that I've never seen before.

Thanks in advance :D
counterfoil is the stamp on ur passport the visa sheet is called counterfoil

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppr jun12
pp sent jun13
pp received jun14
maybe next week
....very excited

VITbman

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
28-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Coming soon
Here is my timeline:

PPR June 9th
PP sent June 9th
PP received - June 12

N

newtoexpressentry

Not yet activated as of the moment. Can't wait until this last stretch of waiting is over ;)
do let me know as I am assuming mine will be like urs and my status hasnt changed so I am assuming status will never change.

maros

Jun 5, 2017
I did landing yesterday at Rainbow Bridge as a pedestrian. The whole process took me around 1,5 hour with waiting at US and Canada side (there was a bus with lot of tourists at US border). After entering back to Canada, they sent me to a small building with a yellow paper. I had to wait around 40 minutes there. When an officer called me, he wanted me to provide both of COPR, passport and the open work permit. He also wanted some proof of address (printed bank statement, employment letter ...), which surprised me a bit, since I provided this with my application. The talk with the officer took me around 15 minutes. I signed the papers, took one of my COPR back and after that I went back to Toronto. Later that day I went to Service Ontario to renew my Health Card (they also wanted a printed proof of address, even though I have valid temporary health card with up-to-date address). Today I went to Service Canada close to St. Clair to renew my SIN, it was pretty fast. They wanted to see only the COPR and it took me around 20 minutes with waiting.

N

newtoexpressentry

I did landing yesterday at Rainbow Bridge as a pedestrian. The whole process took me around 1,5 hour with waiting at US and Canada side (there was a bus with lot of tourists at US border). After entering back to Canada, they sent me to a small building with a yellow paper. I had to wait around 40 minutes there. When an officer called me, he wanted me to provide both of COPR, passport and the open work permit. He also wanted some proof of address (printed bank statement, employment letter ...), which surprised me a bit, since I provided this with my application. The talk with the officer took me around 15 minutes. I signed the papers, took one of my COPR back and after that I went back to Toronto. Later that day I went to Service Ontario to renew my Health Card (they also wanted a printed proof of address, even though I have valid temporary health card with up-to-date address). Today I went to Service Canada close to St. Clair to renew my SIN, it was pretty fast. They wanted to see only the COPR and it took me around 20 minutes with waiting.
congratulations

Reactions: maros

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone get their tracker activated this week? My application was approved last Friday and am still waiting for the tracker.

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Did anyone get their tracker activated this week? My application was approved last Friday and am still waiting for the tracker.
I read from the other thread there was one whose tracker was activated on Monday around 5pm EST.