Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
True though! They told me the same thing but I got a letter for her and I called them to confirm then they said its for her because My status is approved and they sent the passport for printing. I haven't got my passport yet. Same thing happened with my friend as his application got approved, his wife got passport request.
Just an update on this:
I asked CIC to send me a letter mentioning my wife's name and UCI, they did the same thing as they did for you: A letter with details of the VFS Global location in Mumbai, with my name and UCI on it (not my wife's). I've sent another enquiry confirming whether this is all I need.
Today I received another email from CPC saying the following:
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit by MAIL: a copy of this letter, your passport(s), photographs and completed height/eye colour chart, your current mailing address (if different from the one shown above) within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:
Now I'm confused. I've already sent my passport to CPC Ottawa (Delivered 27JUL17). There has been no update on my application on my CIC Account.
  • Is this a COPR?
  • Am I receiving this email because they're waiting for my wife to submit her passport?
  • This email does not say where to submit the passports to, which is a bit strange. It also does not have any Annex (like the last one did).
Just to be safe, my wife is going to submit her passport to VFS Mumbai tomorrow. Hopefully they accept it and we see our application move to approved.

rasholm

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-03-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
How does your status change from single to common law? I have a Canadian boyfriend but we don't plan to get married (just started living together), do you have to get paperwork to become common law?
Sorry have not been on for a while. You become comoonlaw after 12 month's of living together. Happens automatically. Yes I did have to send proof of ocmmonlaw to IRCC including some photos, documents with our names on it etc. Sicne she is Canadian they did not demand a lot of proof though.

btw I landed on August 1st and am now finally a PR.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Guys, Me too from USA. My passport was delivered on 06/26 and approved on 07/13. I used FedEx. My FedEx account is in use and never had any problems with their service. It's CPC Ottawa which wants to keep our passports forever. Lets keep each other informed.
How did you print your return label? In store or online? Did you include any invoices?

LariChaffin

Feb 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

I finally got my passports back.

I need help regarding where to do my landing in South Ontario.
Any recommendations? I will go next weekend and from what I heard they are not doing it on Raibow Bridge in Niagara Falls.

Thanks,

cbilgikar

Jul 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
Just an update on this:
I asked CIC to send me a letter mentioning my wife's name and UCI, they did the same thing as they did for you: A letter with details of the VFS Global location in Mumbai, with my name and UCI on it (not my wife's). I've sent another enquiry confirming whether this is all I need.
Today I received another email from CPC saying the following:

Now I'm confused. I've already sent my passport to CPC Ottawa (Delivered 27JUL17). There has been no update on my application on my CIC Account.
  • Is this a COPR?
  • Am I receiving this email because they're waiting for my wife to submit her passport?
  • This email does not say where to submit the passports to, which is a bit strange. It also does not have any Annex (like the last one did).
Just to be safe, my wife is going to submit her passport to VFS Mumbai tomorrow. Hopefully they accept it and we see our application move to approved.
Update to the situation: My wife got multiple emails and messages from VFS saying that her passport is on the way back from New Delhi. We're not sure if the visa has been issued because we have not received any email/notification from CIC. My passport is still at CPC-Ottawa and there has been no update to our application status. We have not received a CoPR either (apart from that weird email we got last week telling us that our application processing is now complete and we should send our passports to Los Angeles, even though my passport has already been sent to Ottawa). Not sure what to do here. Our deadline is August 20th. We've emailed CPC-Ottawa but haven't heard back.

cbilgikar

Jul 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
Update: My wife received her passport with the Permanent Residence Visa, and Confirmation of Permanent Residence on 10 August from the Canadian Visa Application Center in Mumbai.
There has been no change in our application status online. No email or notification about my passport which was delivered to CPC Ottawa on July 27. Is there any way to know if they actually received my passport? I'm getting worried as there has been no word from them for a long time.

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Update: My wife received her passport with the Permanent Residence Visa, and Confirmation of Permanent Residence on 10 August from the Canadian Visa Application Center in Mumbai.
There has been no change in our application status online. No email or notification about my passport which was delivered to CPC Ottawa on July 27. Is there any way to know if they actually received my passport? I'm getting worried as there has been no word from them for a long time.
Dear
What is status of your passport. Did you receive it back with COPR. It normally takes 4-6 weeks in Ottawa. Please update

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
4 to 6 weeks? Wow that's a long wait looking at the previous post by cbilgikar my case is similar my spouse received her passport with visa stamped and COPR documents within 3 business days whereas mine was submitted on Aug 28, 2017 still didn't receive back no update associated with return label as of yet now I am worried too if my passport was received by CPC-Ottawa or not as there's no such thing as acknowledgement for the passports those are received, tracking no. won't give you much information either except for Date and Time it was delivered and for the address it just simply says Delivered to Ottawa that's it. I tried calling CIC several times there line is so busy can't get a hold of them not sure what can be done please advise.

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
4 to 6 weeks? Wow that's a long wait looking at the previous post by cbilgikar my case is similar my spouse received her passport with visa stamped and COPR documents within 3 business days whereas mine was submitted on Aug 28, 2017 still didn't receive back no update associated with return label as of yet now I am worried too if my passport was received by CPC-Ottawa or not as there's no such thing as acknowledgement for the passports those are received, tracking no. won't give you much information either except for Date and Time it was delivered and for the address it just simply says Delivered to Ottawa that's it. I tried calling CIC several times there line is so busy can't get a hold of them not sure what can be done please advise.
Their is no acknowledgement from CPC Ottawa and The Canada post always says delivered to Ottawa.
The only way is calling CIC call center and keep on trying calling till get through (though with long waiting times after get connected)

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
I figured that and its true that only way to find is by calling CIC which I did looks like its gonna another week which I am not worried about as far as they received it and someone working on it.

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Who is the primary applicant ?

I am the primary applicant but my spouse submitted his passports first with no update since Oct 4th

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Guys I am worried as my spouse forgot to put a stamp/name DOB on his photos and submitted them already
It sucks !
Because since OCt 4th no update or new photos request and we were trying to plan a trip soon in Thanksgiving and if this falls apart we will probably be away for months !
I don't know what to do? Any advise please ?

cbilgikar

Jul 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
Dear
What is status of your passport. Did you receive it back with COPR. It normally takes 4-6 weeks in Ottawa. Please update
Who is the primary applicant ?

I am the primary applicant but my spouse submitted his passports first with no update since Oct 4th
I am the primary applicant and I received my passport from Ottawa about 2 weeks after my spouse did. My status only changed about a week after my wife got her passport.