FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
Hi guys,

I'm new here. My wife and I got our PPR on 7/22 asking us to send our passports over for COPR and PR Visa (we're both Indian citizens hence need to send original passports).

The problem is that I live in US, while my wife currently lives in India. Does anyone know if we are allowed to send our passports separately (I mail mine using UPS from the US, while she drops her off at an Official Visa Location in India)? If so, how are our passports sent back to us? Do we each get our individually, or are both mailed to me in the US?

Appreciate the help!

veerapan89

Apr 17, 2017
CEC Inland
ITA - March 24th, 2017
PR App/AOR- April 20, 2017
BOWP App sent - April 21, 2017
BOWP Received - June 10, 2017
PPR - June 29, 2017
PP Sent - June 30, 2017
Passport Delivered - July 04, 2017
Application Approved (COPR) - July 14th, 2017
Tracker Activated - July 21, 2017
COPR/PP Received - July 24, 2017

Wanted to thank everyone here for all the useful information all y'all provided, wish everyone all the best!

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I'm new here. My wife and I got our PPR on 7/22 asking us to send our passports over for COPR and PR Visa (we're both Indian citizens hence need to send original passports).

The problem is that I live in US, while my wife currently lives in India. Does anyone know if we are allowed to send our passports separately (I mail mine using UPS from the US, while she drops her off at an Official Visa Location in India)? If so, how are our passports sent back to us? Do we each get our individually, or are both mailed to me in the US?

Appreciate the help!
Could you sent the pre paid envelope together with your documents in order for the VO to send your passport back to you?

Last edited:

cbilgikar

Jul 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
Could you sent the pre paid envelope together with your documents in order for the VO to send your passport back to you?
If we send the passports together, I think we'll get them back together. If we send them separately, I'm not sure.

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
Nah, not always. They told me that my COPR was printed and I should get the passport within the week, and I did.
Well, that was because there was a progress to your application. What I'm saying is when there's no progress, they have nothing to say but ask you to wait.

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi guys,

Appreciate the help!
I am sure someone in our whatsapp group has similar situation...his wife was in US and he was in India. They both submitted them separately (in India and US) and got it back in few day. Hope this helps

Reactions: cbilgikar

cbilgikar

Jul 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
I am sure someone in our whatsapp group has similar situation...his wife was in US and he was in India. They both submitted them separately (in India and US) and got it back in few day. Hope this helps
Yes that does help!! Thanks!

Paramhooda

Jul 3, 2017
Hi guys,

Appreciate the help!
Does your letter contain your wife's name?

cbilgikar

Jul 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
Does your letter contain your wife's name?
By letter you mean the Annex A that was attached to the email? If yes, then NO. It only contained my Name, email and UCI.

Paramhooda

Jul 3, 2017
By letter you mean the Annex A that was attached to the email? If yes, then NO. It only contained my Name, email and UCI.
Same here. I got a PPR letter containing only my name and UCI, App no. It did not have my wife's name anywhere, so sent an email to CPC Ottawa to arrange a passport request for my wife in India. After 10 days they sent a letter for my wife PPR and guess what it did not have my wife'a name again on the latter, but it was mention on that to submit the passport in India at VFS. My wife went to submit it Officer at VFS said he cannot accept it because it doesn't have her name, my wife asked them to check application number and explained them whole scenario then they collected passport. So please email CPC Ottawa to arrange passport request for your wife in India. Without it she won't be able to submit.