+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

Eugenie2016

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:

I just received an email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa saying that my documents will be returned to me on Aug 22 via Canada posting with tracking number xxxxx

Here is my timeline:
Passport delivered: Jul 25
Application approved on CIC profile: Aug 21
Email notification for return package: Aug 22 (even though my tracker hasn't been activated yet)

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:

I just received an email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa saying that my documents will be returned to me on Aug 22 via Canada posting with tracking number xxxxx

Here is my timeline:
Email notification for return package: Aug 22 (even though my tracker hasn't been activated yet)
Glad they are intimating about the passport dispatch !!

crazymaverick

Feb 22, 2017
@tomie0987, @crazymaverick I think they are doing Inland the next day with CanadaPost however, for Outland they are doing in batches.
Yes it appears so. Perhaps Canada Post has daily pickups scheduled with CPC and the others (FedEx/UPS etc) maybe probably be once/twice a week, hence the batches... just my hypothesis :)

This wait is starting to wear me down.. Hope they release our batch today!

SalmanB

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hi Guys so I am a bit concerned,
i just got an email from CPC-OTTAWA, saying my application has been finalized 22/8/17 and the documents are being returned to me via tracking number PGXXX-XXX-XXX, but the thing is that they have quoted the tracking number of when i sent them the package (i.e. when i sent them my passport,pictures and annex form), so when i check my return envelope tracking number it still is not activated. I am a bit concerned as to why they have quoted the tracking number of when i sent them the package to Ottawa.

Application approved on CIC profile: Aug 18
Email notification for return package: Aug 22 (even though my tracker hasn't been activated yet and the tracking number quoted in the email is the tracking number of when i sent them the package.)

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it appears so. Perhaps Canada Post has daily pickups scheduled with CPC and the others (FedEx/UPS etc) maybe probably be once/twice a week, hence the batches... just my hypothesis :)

This wait is starting to wear me down.. Hope they release our batch today!
I think Canada Post is the sole entity to collect out packages and redirects them to other vendors (FedEx/UPS).
Even if they don't use Canada Post for Oulanders, there is no harm for them to send out the packages every day. They have been holding our documents for over a month.

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Update:

Here is my timeline:
I received a similar email but tracking is still not active.

HelloCanada1234

Aug 2, 2017
they are bad at updating the online profile. i got my COPR and visa the first time (got mistakes so i needed to re send) but i never got my online profile updated
Hey - What was the mistake in your COPR? I am also in same situation, I am currently living in US for 3 months but they have listed my country of residence as Canada instead of USA. Should i also need to send for correction??

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
My application changed to "Approved" today!

I hope they are really sending it (inland) the next day as it would allow me to land perhaps this weekend!

Timeline:
Passports received: 7/31
Printing Queue: 8/3
Application approved: 8/22
Tracking activated: ???
Passports delivered: ???
Landing: ???

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hey - What was the mistake in your COPR? I am also in same situation, I am currently living in US for 3 months but they have listed my country of residence as Canada instead of USA. Should i also need to send for correction??
For me they had made a mistake in my marital status and passport number.
But just land if you only have mistakes in your COPR (your are US so im guessing you are visa exempt)

I checked with multiple agents and mistakes in the COPR arent a big deal you can just land and they will change the wrong informations for you when you do.

Its if they make mistakes in the visa they put in the passport that you need to send back for corrections.
So you made it. Lucky bastard

HelloCanada1234

Aug 2, 2017
For me they had made a mistake in my marital status and passport number.
But just land if you only have mistakes in your COPR (your are US so im guessing you are visa exempt)

I checked with multiple agents and mistakes in the COPR arent a big deal you can just land and they will change the wrong informations for you when you do.

Its if they make mistakes in the visa they put in the passport that you need to send back for corrections.
So you made it. Lucky bastard
Thanks for your response.. Don't worry, You will receive your document soon.. All the very best..

Reactions: vincenso

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Got a message in my account today:

Dear Applicant,
The passport photos you have submitted to us do not meet the specifications outlined in the instructions provided to you. Please follow the guide below and bring the instructions to the photographer in order to ensure you purchase the correct passport photos.

Not sure as to why this happened. I used the same photographs for eAPR. Will go to a studio again today and re-submit my photographs. Planning for landing in the 1st week of Oct. Hope we get our passports before that.