+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

doctortoye

Aug 10, 2017
Edmonton Canada
Hi, Need ur advice
I have received my COPR today in post, but the only thing that I am confused on my COPR is that the destination province is Ontario and destination city is given as Toronto. Do I have to land in Toronto cos I want to land in Edmonton (Alberta).
Brief background: applied under express entry-fedral skilled workers
Travelling from visa exempt country.
Please advice whether I have to land in Toronto first as it says on my COPR or I can land anywhere in Canada.
Thanks
This is a good question and I am interested in the right answer for this. I just want to ask if you filled Ontario as your desire destination province when applying? If yes, that may be the reason but whether you can land in Edmonton (Alberta), I can't say but I believe it should be possible as long as you have answers for the immigration officer where you landed in Edmonton first and not in Toronto if they asked.

Also, the first place where you touched down in Canada is where you landed and therefore it is possible to have a ticket to Toronto but with a stop-over at Edmonton. Just saying. All the best with a good and accurate answer.......

HelloCanada1234

Aug 2, 2017
Hello All,

I have an issue in my COPR which was received. I am staying in US and my family is in Canada. In my COPR they have given Country of Residence (COE) as Canada. Should we need to correct it? Please share your thoughts...

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who have received your passports and CoPR from Ottawa..
Do we get any intimation from CIC that our documents are returned ? or should be depend on the return tracker ?

@adi.urban @crazymaverick I could see in whatsapp groups that whoever got their application approved on 15th and 16th Aug have got their tracker activated yesterday (21st Aug). I believe there are doing it in batches.
Any updates for your guys ?

Reactions: adi.urban

crazymaverick

Feb 22, 2017
Those who have received your passports and CoPR from Ottawa..
Do we get any intimation from CIC that our documents are returned ? or should be depend on the return tracker ?

@adi.urban @crazymaverick I could see in whatsapp groups that whoever got their application approved on 15th and 16th Aug have got their tracker activated yesterday (21st Aug). I believe there are doing it in batches.
Any updates for your guys ?
No updates yet. Hopefully this evening..

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hello All,

I have an issue in my COPR which was received. I am staying in US and my family is in Canada. In my COPR they have given Country of Residence (COE) as Canada. Should we need to correct it? Please share your thoughts...
I would recommend you to go the border and get it done. DON'T SEND IT BACK!!!

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
This is a good question and I am interested in the right answer for this. I just want to ask if you filled Ontario as your desire destination province when applying? If yes, that may be the reason but whether you can land in Edmonton (Alberta), I can't say but I believe it should be possible as long as you have answers for the immigration officer where you landed in Edmonton first and not in Toronto if they asked.

Also, the first place where you touched down in Canada is where you landed and therefore it is possible to have a ticket to Toronto but with a stop-over at Edmonton. Just saying. All the best with a good and accurate answer.......
# 1: The province and city mentioned on your COPR depends on what you filled in your EE profile ( province of interest/intention )
#2 : FSW-O can land anywhere in Canada in any airport irrespective of what is mentioned in COPR
#3 : In the past cases, officers have not asked people as to why change in landing province from what is mentioned in COPR. Even if they do, you can just say change in decision after you got PR approval.

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hello All,

mistakes on COPR can be corrected while landing
no need to send back

if theres any mistakes with the visa in the passport thats another story.

Reactions: adi.urban

zhuyingsheng

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I just got off the call with the CIC agent. He told me that my visa was printed today.
However, I don't see any updates on my online application. It should change to "Approved" in the final decision row, am I right?
Is it normal for the application to no be updated?

For people who may want to know, my PPR was July 25 and the day it got the the printing queue was August 4.

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I just got off the call with the CIC agent. He told me that my visa was printed today.
However, I don't see any updates on my online application. It should change to "Approved" in the final decision row, am I right?
Is it normal for the application to no be updated?

For people who may want to know, my PPR was July 25 and the day it got the the printing queue was August 4.
they are bad at updating the online profile. i got my COPR and visa the first time (got mistakes so i needed to re send) but i never got my online profile updated