+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi thanks for sharing.

I have a question- did you tell Usa agents that when you go back you want to do landing as a pr? Or you just went to states and came after couple of hours, gave papers directly to Canadaian agent and landing was done?
I didn't tell them we were going to land cause we felt like going to the states to fill up the gas first. We told the officer about that, went to the nearest gas station, got some gas and made a U-turn back to Canada. The Canadian officer asked if we came to the states, we said yes ,he gave is an orange paper , we parked the car , went into the office and finished the landing there. All was smoothly. Just avoid the weekends and peak hour .

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Does anyone know if one can complete the landing process after hours, like midnight or something?? I'm sure the offices are open 24/7. I'd like to go there late to avoid any queue's or delays.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Does anyone know if one can complete the landing process after hours, like midnight or something?? I'm sure the offices are open 24/7. I'd like to go there late to avoid any queue's or delays.
Not all offices are open 24/7. But yes u can do after midnight at an office which is open 24/7

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
-18 june PPR
-26 june PP received ottawa
-5 july PR decision made
-12 july approved
-17 july tracker activated and received (COPR AND VISA WITH MISTAKES)
-24 july PP received AGAIN at ottawa
-4 august CORP printed & visa to printing room
-22 august visa to printed
-28 august re-approval
-29 august tracker activated
-30 COPR and PASSPORT BACK WITHOUT MISTAKES (SMALL HURRAY)
-??? landing
-??? PR card
Congrats
Would you please like to outline the procedure to correct the mistakes done on COPR and VISA
Like did you first contact your VO about mistakes and how
Secondly
Third
It would benefit all if we receive COPR with mistakes
Thanks in advance

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Hi
I sent my ppt to Ottawa Aug 29th, received on Aug 30th
What is current number of days before I receive back my ppt, in order to plan my landing/flagpoling
thanks in advance

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
a
Hi
I sent my ppt to Ottawa Aug 29th, received on Aug 30th
What is current number of days before I receive back my ppt, in order to plan my landing/flagpoling
thanks in advance
Around 3-5 weeks

Reactions: PAuaePakTor

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
Received my passports today, and everything seems to be correct. Only weird thing is that I appear as a dependant of my wife and child. They both appear as my dependants too, but I guess it's fine. Anyone know if this is correct?

PP arrived at CPC Ottawa: 7/31
Application approved: 8/22
Tracker activated: 8/28
Passports received: 8/30
Landing: ?? (planned for 8/31)
PR cards received: ??

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Received my passports today, and everything seems to be correct. Only weird thing is that I appear as a dependant of my wife and child. They both appear as my dependants too, but I guess it's fine. Anyone know if this is correct?

PP arrived at CPC Ottawa: 7/31
Application approved: 8/22
Tracker activated: 8/28
Passports received: 8/30
Landing: ?? (planned for 8/31)
PR cards received: ??
mine too .. in my CoPR my spouse is listed in dependents .. and in my spouse's copr, I am listed as dependent

Reactions: prAnxiety

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
mine too .. in my CoPR my spouse is listed in dependents .. and in my spouse's copr, I am listed as dependent
I guess they don't have a direction in the "dependant" relationship. It's more like "list people that either depend on you, or you depend on them" than "list your dependants".

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Congrats
Would you please like to outline the procedure to correct the mistakes done on COPR and VISA
Like did you first contact your VO about mistakes and how
Secondly
Third
It would benefit all if we receive COPR with mistakes
Thanks in advance
If theres mistakes in the COPR it will often be fine to just go ahead and land. The border officers are able to correct the COPR during the landing.
If theres important mistakes on the COPR like name, date of birth and passport number. Or if there is any mistakes in the passport visa, you will have to send back before landing.

To send it back its pretty straight foward, just do like the first time you sent. Send 2 enveloppes (one to send and one for return) and include your COPR, passport and a list of corrections that you require.
I would also say to send a letter that says where to send back the passport and COPR. If its only written on the letter CIC might put their own sticker on the enveloppe and ignore the adress that you put (and yes that happened to me)

I would recommend calling if the mistakes are on your COPR to be sure you have to send back since the correction process can take longer that the initial COPR and visa printing process.

Hope this helps.

Nlehal

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Thank you guys for your great help at every step. This forum was really helpful throughout the process. Finally PR now :)

Timeline-

FSW INLAND

AOR - 31 Jan

PPR- 26 July

PP delivered - July 31

Sent to printing room- 4th August

Application approved- 28th August

Tracker activated- 29th Aug

Pp and COPR received - 30th aug

Landing- 30 August (peach arch )

Nlehal

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Guys,

When you do landing at border, just make sure when you go states, buy something and get a reciept so that you can prove the officer that you left the country.

I forgot to get my reciept from gas station so Canadian agent told me to prove if I left the country and I failed. So he sent me back to states and come back.
Just costs me couple of hours wait.

This doesn't apply when you do only flagpole as they give a paper with flagpole written on it. I wanted to do landing while returning to Canada.

Reactions: vincenso

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Check Border services website. There is info on working hours for different offices. They open 24/7 but some have specific time slots for immigration/landing matters. Google away

Not all offices are open 24/7. But yes u can do after midnight at an office which is open 24/7