+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passports to CPC-ottawa in October 2015

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Ibyt said:
Hi guys,

Quick question pls,

I am not going to be around when passports return from Ottawa but my name is going to be on the return envelope, can my spouse receive package on my behalf , do we have to sign to collect passport or does it just get delivered in ones mailbox like normal mail?
My returned passport and CoPR was delivered to my mail box (no need for signature), even though I asked for a leave from the company and waited at home.

hotgirl35

Sep 10, 2015
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. I emailed lvo and still no response. I don't know what is going on.

j22xiong

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
Return tracker activated today around 5pm

My passport arrived at the office on Oct 9 and it took exactly 2 weeks before my cic app had been approved (on Oct 23)

It took almost 90 days from AOR to CoPR!

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
macast said:
Don't worry, they got mine the 7th and today the tracker is activated. I got confirmation last Friday.

I have no clue why the difference between applicants, sometimes is 4-5 days sometimes is a month.
You mean, you received passport and copr before tracker activated right?

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navid2014 said:
If you are afraid that something might went wrong with the package its better to hold a package at Canada Post Package receiving location.
Thank you for your suggestion
I_love_van said:
My returned passport and CoPR was delivered to my mail box (no need for signature), even though I asked for a leave from the company and waited at home.
Ok thanks, that's comforting to know

ciscotao

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Passport Req..
01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
I have landed at Rainbow bridge on Oct 23rd. The US part just gave me a white refusal paper. The US officer mentioned that there will be no record in their system for this flag polling (and he did not scan or record anything) so in future visa applications, it is not necessary to declare this administrative refusal.

Since I'm under FSW, the border officer in Canada asked for my most recent proof of funds which I forgot to bring.

However he was flexible enough to allow me to show my bank balance from my online banking app on my cellphone. He was also very patient to correct all errors on my CoPR paper including original date of entry, etc.

The process was super smooth, even there are few hiccups in my file, it was finished in 30 minutes.

If you are under FSW, make sure to bring your most up-to-date bank statements with you showing the amount of money you declared in your settlement funds.

hotgirl35

Sep 10, 2015
Emergency guys I need help. My tracker is activated but nothing change in mycic. What does that mean. Help!!!!!

Drenalin04

Oct 13, 2015
hotgirl35 said:
Emergency guys I need help. My tracker is activated but nothing change in mycic. What does that mean. Help!!!!!
I guess you have dependents outside the country. Your MyCIC account will be approved and closed once they received their visa at the local VO.

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
ciscotao said:
I have landed at Rainbow bridge on Oct 23rd. The US part just gave me a white refusal paper. The US officer mentioned that there will be no record in their system for this flag polling (and he did not scan or record anything) so in future visa applications, it is not necessary to declare this administrative refusal.

Since I'm under FSW, the border officer in Canada asked for my most recent proof of funds which I forgot to bring.

However he was flexible enough to allow me to show my bank balance from my online banking app on my cellphone. He was also very patient to correct all errors on my CoPR paper including original date of entry, etc.

The process was super smooth, even there are few hiccups in my file, it was finished in 30 minutes.

If you are under FSW, make sure to bring your most up-to-date bank statements with you showing the amount of money you declared in your settlement funds.

Congrats! Ciscotao

Would be nice if you could share questions or information the CBSA officer asked during the landing process? Also, what happened after you showed the bank accounts, any further question on that?

Thanks!

COPR- 13th Oct
PP Received- 16th oct!
No further update

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application is approved and closed today. Lets see when the return tracker gets activated.

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
malik85 said:
My application is approved and closed today. Lets see when the return tracker gets activated.
Congrats!

When did cic receive your passport?

Any email notification for changed application status?

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dextrousud said:
Congrats!

When did cic receive your passport?

Any email notification for changed application status?
They recieved it on 16th Oct. and I got an email today that my file has been updated.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waiting for Tracker activated.
Application approved on 23th October.
Anyone same situation like me?