Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
A background check is needed Complete
A final decision has been reached This application has been approved

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
I just received my PPR this morning; I hope someone can help me with the requirements for sending photos with passports to Ottawa office. As per CIC website for sending photos it says -

Photo essentials
I. The two photos must be taken by a commercial photographer
II. The name and complete address of the photo studio as well as
the date the photo was taken must be included on the back of
one photo. The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite
this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

My question is - do we have to go to a professional photographer to get their details stamped? The reason I ask this is because I am in the US and I don't have a professional photographer near me so I am wondering if I can go to any drugstore or Fedex store and get the photos clicked or not? Any help will be appreciated....TIA!

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bj291 said:
I just received my PPR this morning; I hope someone can help me with the requirements for sending photos with passports to Ottawa office. As per CIC website for sending photos it says -

Photo essentials
I. The two photos must be taken by a commercial photographer
II. The name and complete address of the photo studio as well as
the date the photo was taken must be included on the back of
one photo. The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite
this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

My question is - do we have to go to a professional photographer to get their details stamped? The reason I ask this is because I am in the US and I don't have a professional photographer near me so I am wondering if I can go to any drugstore or Fedex store and get the photos clicked or not? Any help will be appreciated....TIA!
not a professional photographer...a commercial one..yes you can go to a drugstore or fedex...just make sure they follow the specifications..they usually know what to do

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theDream2015 said:
logged into MYCIC just now

Application/profile status Closed

Did you got a MyCIC notification about it?

chipmunk222

Oct 9, 2015
theDream2015 said:
not a professional photographer...a commercial one..yes you can go to a drugstore or fedex...just make sure they follow the specifications..they usually know what to do
speaking of photo: do you know how recent it has to be? I had one done Sept last year when I was applying under old system. This was a photo I made into electronic version to submit with EE. Is just over a year too old?

chipmunk222

Oct 9, 2015
chipmunk222 said:
speaking of photo: do you know how recent it has to be? I had one done Sept last year when I was applying under old system. This was a photo I made into electronic version to submit with EE. Is just over a year too old?
I guess I found my own answer. Its not mentioned in EE photo specification, but in old system the requirement was 'photo must be taken within 6 months before application submission. '

tm1986

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just found out from my lawyer that my application has been approved and closed on mycic. waiting patiently for the return tracker to be updated now.

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
theDream2015 said:

Thanks theDream2015!

m.dassuj

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Doc's Request.
22-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Hi guys. I saw similar post before but I don't remember answer. Do I should sent 2 passports (my and husband) in one envelope?? And inside one envelope to send me back passports? Or 2 separate ???

michi

Sep 19, 2013
theDream2015 said:
logged into MYCIC just now

Application/profile status Closed
When you sent out the passport?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
If you and your spouse applied separately then you can send it in '2' separate envelopes, if there is only one PPR or RFV has been sent by CPC either to you or your spouse then both passports need to be sent in one envelope.

m.dassuj said:
Hi guys. I saw similar post before but I don't remember answer. Do I should sent 2 passports (my and husband) in one envelope?? And inside one envelope to send me back passports? Or 2 separate ???