+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN Jan 2016 - LETS CONNECT!!

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
Did landing yesterday at Rainbow bridge, went very smooth no questions asked on either side..just had to present driver license at Canada side for address, other than that not a single document asked..officers on both side of the border were very nice..:)

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
JK_CAD said:
Hang in there... Return tracker will be activated soon.
Tnq JK_CAD.

Return tracker activated on friday 5th feb 1830hrs.
Application Approved and closed on 3rd Feb.
Passport recieved 27th Jan

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
charger01 said:
Did landing yesterday at Rainbow bridge, went very smooth no questions asked on either side..just had to present driver license at Canada side for address, other than that not a single document asked..officers on both side of the border were very nice..:)
We've renewed my husbands work permit twice at Rainbow bridge and both times the officers were brilliant. We went prepared though and took snacks, iPads and books for us & the kids to pass the time.

Fsc

Jul 7, 2015
HEY!

My tracker got activated Feb5th around 7pm. It was Friday so I am assuming Canada Post does not work on weekends, so I wont have it until tomorrow, right?

Thanks!

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
limbo said:
Quick update to my above post. Return tracking was activated in the evening. Will likely get my passport back on Monday. Not sure when I have the time to do landing though, will be busy next week.

Anyone did landing with implied status?
Hi limbo - I did my landing with the implied status. It really does not mean anything at the time of landing. I landed at Peace Bridge in Fort Erie, ON and they never asked for my current status.

As long as you have the PR visa (if applicable) and CoPR, you don't need anything else to prove your status. I even offered to show them my expired PGWP along with extension receipt, but he didn't want it.

He just asked for POF and it was all done in about 5 min.

Ak chd

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
28-01-2016
LANDED..........
20-02-2016
rudyrudy said:
Passports recieevd at Ottawa - 29 Jan

Still waiting for return tracker to activate
is your application status shows closed

Ak chd

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
28-01-2016
LANDED..........
20-02-2016
rudyrudy said:
no, still open

Whenever it will say closed that means your tracker will activate after that only

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Sent out on Jan 27
Reached Ottawa on Jan 29
Approved and closed Feb 08

Return Tracker Not Activated Yet

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Co PR and Passport received today 10:30 am.:)
It doesn't say anything about ,what documents to be taken to the border.
Any advise please?

I'm PNP inland, but planning to visit India for 2 weeks and do landing on my way back.

Timeline:
Passport received in ottawa: 27th jan
Application approved and closed:5 feb
Passport and CoPR reveived:8th feb

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
I submitted my passport to Ottawa Yesterday. I know for landing there are two options, crossing the border or making an appointment with a CIC office, Can anyone kindly explain about the second option? I am from a country that needs visa to enter USA. As I read in this forum, for landing in Canada at the USA border I do not need USA visa, am I right?

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Masin said:
Dear friends,
I submitted my passport to Ottawa Yesterday. I know for landing there are two options, crossing the border or making an appointment with a CIC office, Can anyone kindly explain about the second option? I am from a country that needs visa to enter USA. As I read in this forum, for landing in Canada at the USA border I do not need USA visa, am I right?
Call the CIC Call Centre, they'll get your information and relay that to the CIC office nearest to you. The local office will then contact you (phone/e-mail, I was told usually e-mail) to set up an appointment. I was told that this usually takes 2 weeks (not sure how long after that the appointment will be).

I just received my passport with the visa and COPR back yesterday. Will be heading to Rainbow Bridge today for landing. I'm bringing my passport, COPR, PGWP, BOWP application proof, proof of funds (from a few months back that was submitted for EE), recent pay slips and proof of employment (again, from a few months back for EE). I hope this will be more than sufficient. A number of people mentioned they only needed the passport, COPR and proof of funds. Not sure if any difference for PNP.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
Masin said:
Dear friends,
No you just mention at US side that you want to do flag pole and land as PR on Canada they will just refuse you entry and then you can come back to Canada side. Refusal will not count towards ur future visa requirements for US..

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limbo said:
Call the CIC Call Centre, they'll get your information and relay that to the CIC office nearest to you. The local office will then contact you (phone/e-mail, I was told usually e-mail) to set up an appointment. I was told that this usually takes 2 weeks (not sure how long after that the appointment will be).

I just received my passport with the visa and COPR back yesterday. Will be heading to Rainbow Bridge today for landing. I'm bringing my passport, COPR, PGWP, BOWP application proof, proof of funds (from a few months back that was submitted for EE), recent pay slips and proof of employment (again, from a few months back for EE). I hope this will be more than sufficient. A number of people mentioned they only needed the passport, COPR and proof of funds. Not sure if any difference for PNP.
Thanks for your response +1 for you
I have some funds in my back home! My family got the bank statements and sent the scan of them to me when I was applying for PR. Do I need the original docs for landing or the scan is enough? Should I ask my family to post the docs to me in Canada?