+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC-Ottawa (December 2019)

wahoo2019

Jul 31, 2019
  1. Could you confirm where it was delivered? Do you see "SCI DND 2303 STEVENAGE DR OTTAWA, K1G, CA" in the Delivered To Address? When you send mail to 365 Laurier, the mail is processed by a company called SCI. Was it signed (proof of delivery and received by)? This can help confirm if the passport was delivered to the right place.
  2. I would also suggest emailing cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca with you application number, UIC and tracking number to check what's going on.
  3. Check your spam and trash folders for any mail from CIC. Sometimes they send photo requests/request for new mailing envelope etc. These emails come from the cpc-ctd email.
  4. Also, any updates on your CIC profile? What does that say? That's usually where you see the first approval update.
Really hope you hear back from cic soon! I can imagine how worrying it must be to have a passport in transit for weeks.
It was signed SCI FARLEY. I just emailed that email address. I checked all my emails. No updates or emails to my CIC account. Hopefully I hear back from the CPC email in the next week or so. My immigration consultant didn’t pay the 490 fee apparently so I did that today. If that’s the only issue, it’s bizarre that IRCC didn’t bother to contact me nor was it in the passport request. This is all so brutal. I just hope my passport is with them...

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
It was signed SCI FARLEY. I just emailed that email address. I checked all my emails. No updates or emails to my CIC account. Hopefully I hear back from the CPC email in the next week or so. My immigration consultant didn’t pay the 490 fee apparently so I did that today. If that’s the only issue, it’s bizarre that IRCC didn’t bother to contact me nor was it in the passport request. This is all so brutal. I just hope my passport is with them...

Oh good. If it was received by SCI then it is definitely at the Ottawa office. I had to resend my photos in a separate package but ottawa managed to coordinate my first package w/ the second one. So they seem to have a system to track stuff, it's just that it's painfully slow and they wont ever email you to keep you in the loop :(

You can also keep on eye on the return label to make sure they haven't sent the passport back due to 30 days of inactivity. Just to be sure!

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Oh good. If it was received by SCI then it is definitely at the Ottawa office. I had to resend my photos in a separate package but ottawa managed to coordinate my first package w/ the second one. So they seem to have a system to track stuff, it's just that it's painfully slow and they wont ever email you to keep you in the loop :(

You can also keep on eye on the return label to make sure they haven't sent the passport back due to 30 days of inactivity. Just to be sure!
But he just mentioned the RPRF was not paid up until today.... I wonder why guys give their life matters in the hands of some agents though!
If you follow the PR forums and ask questions, trust me you can’t miss a point. The fee will be a reason why there has been no movement... not paying it with your application naturally delays the process cos you need to wait until they contact you.... this is clearly stated on the cic website. It’s good he made the payment now and let’s pray they attend to it immediately. The wait time is NO fun at all!!

wahoo2019

Jul 31, 2019
But he just mentioned the RPRF was not paid up until today.... I wonder why guys give their life matters in the hands of some agents though!
If you follow the PR forums and ask questions, trust me you can’t miss a point. The fee will be a reason why there has been no movement... not paying it with your application naturally delays the process cos you need to wait until they contact you.... this is clearly stated on the cic website. It’s good he made the payment now and let’s pray they attend to it immediately. The wait time is NO fun at all!!
You're frustrated... imagine how I feel! Like banging my head against a wall! How am I supposed to know what I don't know? Lol this is real life I guess. Anyway, the return envelope isn't active/trackable yet, and hopefully they don't try to return it before they see that I've made the payment, which for some reason will take 5-10 business days... to even acknowledge the receipt of a payment that took 3 seconds to do on my end. It's like the freaking stone age over there

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
You're frustrated... imagine how I feel! Like banging my head against a wall! How am I supposed to know what I don't know? Lol this is real life I guess. Anyway, the return envelope isn't active/trackable yet, and hopefully they don't try to return it before they see that I've made the payment, which for some reason will take 5-10 business days... to even acknowledge the receipt of a payment that took 3 seconds to do on my end. It's like the freaking stone age over there
I wish you well and am sure it’ll be fine! How about making a call to cic? I think people are able to call

wahoo2019

Jul 31, 2019
I wish you well and am sure it’ll be fine! How about making a call to cic? I think people are able to call
So I did today and guess what.... They didn’t answer my question about status of my passport but instead said they issued a refund of the RPRF on Jan 6. WHICH I DIDNT EVEN PAY UNTIL TODAY. Lol this is such a joke. it’s all backwards and makes no sense.... What a test this is....

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
So I did today and guess what.... They didn’t answer my question about status of my passport but instead said they issued a refund of the RPRF on Jan 6. WHICH I DIDNT EVEN PAY UNTIL TODAY. Lol this is such a joke. it’s all backwards and makes no sense.... What a test this is....
At least you got a PPR!
The only reasons they refund RPRF is when an application is withdrawn by applicant or refused by cic.... but in your case you indicated you never even paid one.... so where is the mix up???
You should call again please and take it one step at a time.... first confirmed your eligibility status, then confirm that a PPR was issued, followed by checking if you ever paid for the RPRF.... then location of your passport and status. You should ask specific questions please.

Last edited:

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi,

I received my passport back with my COPR letters and instructions. Here is my timeline:

PPR: December 2, 2019
Passport delivered to Ottawa: December 23, 2019
Request for new photos: January 3, 2020
New photos delivered to Ottawa: January 7, 2020
Application approved: January 10, 2020
Return label activated: January 13, 2020
Passport and COPR delivered: January 14, 2020

Really relieved to have my passport back. Wishing everyone here good luck with their submission.

Reactions: ChristianC

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

I received my passport back with my COPR letters and instructions. Here is my timeline:

PPR: December 2, 2019
Passport delivered to Ottawa: December 23, 2019
Request for new photos: January 3, 2020
New photos delivered to Ottawa: January 7, 2020
Application approved: January 10, 2020
Return label activated: January 13, 2020
Passport and COPR delivered: January 14, 2020

Really relieved to have my passport back. Wishing everyone here good luck with their submission.
Even with the photos you had to resend, you did not miss anything.... happy for you!!!

I just received my passports and COPRs also!!! An awesome birthday gift 14 January!

good luck to everyone waiting

Reactions: DixvilleNotch
Jun 2, 2019
I sent my passport on December 10. It was delivered on December 11. I have still not heard back from IRCC. What do you guys think, did they lose my passport or reject it? I’m worrying myself sick.
I have the same dates as you, confirmed delivery SCI Dec 11, 2019. No updates from them yet! :(

sergioman

Apr 27, 2018
Colombia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-08-2017
Med's Request
23-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
I have the same dates as you, confirmed delivery SCI Dec 11, 2019. No updates from them yet! :(
Hey, I am in a similar situation.

PP delivered: December 17 2019

no updates after that, called and emailed CIC. They confirmed that my passport is there in the printing room, but asked me to wait for the process to be completed. Still waiting, it is so frustrating.

Jun 2, 2019
Hey, I am in a similar situation.

PP delivered: December 17 2019

no updates after that, called and emailed CIC. They confirmed that my passport is there in the printing room, but asked me to wait for the process to be completed. Still waiting, it is so frustrating.
They confirmed my COPR was printed on Jan 6, yesterday they replied to my webform saying the officer has everything they need to make a decision and I should wait for an update. I still have not got any updates on my profile nor my passport back. really frustrating.

sergioman

Apr 27, 2018
Colombia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-08-2017
Med's Request
23-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
They confirmed my COPR was printed on Jan 6, yesterday they replied to my webform saying the officer has everything they need to make a decision and I should wait for an update. I still have not got any updates on my profile nor my passport back. really frustrating.
I am still waiting for my COPR and passport, What about you, any luck?