+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC-Ottawa (December 2019)

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Well... I was thinking that if it was just you in the application and no other dependant, it should be obvious to know it’s you in the photo! Anyways, it’ll soon be over..buh I don’t think you’ll have to wait that long again..... In here we have to keep waiting for everything..... soon you’ll be on queue for PR card.
Good luck.
Yeah, im a single applicant. But in addition to identity (name and dob), they want to ascertain if the photo is recent (w/in 6 months) and taken professionally. Which is why they make you stamp the address from the photographer and also the date.

Let's hope I hear back soon!

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Yeah, im a single applicant. But in addition to identity (name and dob), they want to ascertain if the photo is recent (w/in 6 months) and taken professionally. Which is why they make you stamp the address from the photographer and also the date.

Let's hope I hear back soon!
Ohhh ok I didn’t realize your photo wasn’t stamped by a photographer.. I only thought you did not put your names on it! Sure , ascertaining that photo is within 6 months would be the most important criteria. The moment they receive your photo, they are likely to continue to print your documents.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I am trying to fill out on FedEx Ship Manager my label to ship to Ottawa, and return label.
There's enough room to type the first line (Company Name area): CPCO - PR Visa, but not enough room on the second line to type out (Contact area): US Permanent/Temporary Residence VISA/ Passports.

How did everyone handle that? Did you just abbreviate?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
I am trying to fill out on FedEx Ship Manager my label to ship to Ottawa, and return label.
There's enough room to type the first line (Company Name area): CPCO - PR Visa, but not enough room on the second line to type out (Contact area): US Permanent/Temporary Residence VISA/ Passports.

How did everyone handle that? Did you just abbreviate?
I had used UPS to ship mine, But I went to the store to send to Ottawa. The guy at the store too didn't have enough space to write the whole thing and the contact area in the final label was truncated.

The passport reached CPCO next day and my profile just got updated - it says approved with the counterfoil details on it.

As for the return label, I created the label online .

Edit: BTW, UPS has a promo going on - use the promo code - EASY when you create labels online, pretty steep discount on the shipping charges.

Last edited:

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
I had used UPS to ship mine, But I went to the store to send to Ottawa. The guy at the store too didn't have enough space to write the whole thing and the contact area in the final label was truncated.

The passport reached CPCO next day and my profile just got updated - it says approved with the counterfoil details on it.

Edit: BTW, UPS has a promo going on - use the promo code - EASY when you create labels online, pretty steep discount on the shipping charges.
Yeah... he can always abbreviate the address, just be sure the postcode is correct... your package cannot get missing as lots of packages are delivered there daily.
Please share your timeline... date it was delivered and approved?
Regards

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Yeah... he can always abbreviate the address, just be sure the postcode is correct... your package cannot get missing as lots of packages are delivered there daily.
Regards
Jan 3rd - Delivered toCPCO
Jan 8th - Approved in my online account.

Will update when my return label gets activated. I should be getting it in a day after they ship it.

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Jan 3rd - Delivered toCPCO
Jan 8th - Approved in my online account.

Will update when my return label gets activated. I should be getting it in a day after they ship it.
Congratulations!
It seems the US processing is faster cos other inlanders take an average of 15 business days.
You get to see the validity dates on the counter foil.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018

Thank you for the quick reply. You can do return labels on UPS website? I was under the impression this was only possible via FedEx.

Regards
Thank you. I will also post my timeline when I send mine out.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Thank you for the quick reply. You can do return labels on UPS website? I was under the impression this was only possible via FedEx.

Thank you. I will also post my timeline when I send mine out.
Yeah, Just create a shipping account with UPS and add your credit card info there. You can create return labels after that.
Onward labels can be created without this.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Yeah, year from AOR not the medicals.
My AOR was June 3 and the counterfoil expiry date on account is 2020/06/04
If it was based off of medicals, it would have been mid July.
Did you get an automated email from CIC? Or was there formal communication via email saying that your application was approved?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Another update, My return label got activated this evening I should be getting the COPR tomorrow or the day after.
I must admit, this was pretty quick :)